Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:11 AM

Let the experts do the talking.

#2 Jonas

Jonas

Honored Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:24 AM

Yup, first par 5 (hole 2) is a zerker/globe hole, two strong tailwinds. Eagle or bust.

Edited by Jonas, 16 April 2018 - 07:25 AM.

#3 NarryBorne

NarryBorne

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:35 AM

Yup, first par 5 (hole 2) is a zerker/globe hole, two strong tailwinds. Eagle or bust.

Fk. This had already put me off entering Expert, was hoping for some harder winds.

Nevermind :(

Edited by NarryBorne, 16 April 2018 - 07:36 AM.

#4 Jonas

Jonas

Honored Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:44 AM

Fk. This had already put me off entering Expert, was hoping for some harder winds.

Nevermind :(

The new blue marbles are probably perfect. You will reach green with an overpowered titan as well as long as your rough club reaches long. I always shoot the drive into the rough passed the first fairway and hope for a tailwind on the second shot. Now you know you'll get one, so it's pretty perfect even with a titan.

Edited by Jonas, 16 April 2018 - 07:45 AM.

#5 NarryBorne

NarryBorne

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:59 AM

The new blue marbles are probably perfect. You will reach green with an overpowered titan as well as long as your rough club reaches long. I always shoot the drive into the rough passed the first fairway and hope for a tailwind on the second shot. Now you know you'll get one, so it's pretty perfect even with a titan.

I've got EM6, Nirvana4 (123y) no Amazon unfortunately. Will EM6 get enough distance into that rough with a titan?

#6 Jonas

Jonas

Honored Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:05 AM

I've got EM6, Nirvana4 (123y) no Amazon unfortunately. Will EM6 get enough distance into that rough with a titan?

Only way to know is to play the hole, but i'd say so. Your problem is your Nirvana 4, but you have decent tailwind.

Edited by Jonas, 16 April 2018 - 08:06 AM.

#7 Golf Clasher

Golf Clasher

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:18 AM

Two good tailwinds on hole 6 as well.

Should be easy eagles and decent alby chances.

#8 Jonas

Jonas

Honored Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:24 AM

I "decided" to just qualify today, the only hole I feel I'd like to practice on is hole 9 where an overpowered hook with a zerker or globe will reach green or close to it. The winds are super favourable as usual.

I shot -12 which I feel is par if you get your eagles and nothing else drops. Definite alba chances on hole 6 and 9 and if you nail the adjustment on 8 you should be able to reach green and get an eagle.

-9 should get you through, but just barely.

Edited by Jonas, 16 April 2018 - 08:26 AM.

#9 NarryBorne

NarryBorne

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:25 AM

Two good tailwinds on hole 6 as well.

Should be easy eagles and decent alby chances.

I'm happy for tail winds on 6, just makes a potentially tricky hole into an easy one for me.

#10 NarryBorne

NarryBorne

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

I "decided" to just qualify today, the only hole I feel I'd like to practice on is hole 9 where an overpowered hook with a zerker or globe will reach green or close to it. The winds are super favourable as usual.

I shot -12 which I feel is par if you get your eagles and nothing else drops. Definite alba chances on hole 6 and 9 and if you nail the adjustment on 8 you should be able to reach green and get an eagle.

-9 should get you through, but just barely.

What's the wind like on the drive for 8?

Edited by NarryBorne, 16 April 2018 - 08:29 AM.

#11 Jonas

Jonas

Honored Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:33 AM

What's the wind like on the drive for 8?

Tailwind NW, I tried a globe and got 12.7. Bounced at the very top of the first fairway and ended up in the greenside bunker. With the right adjustment you should get it on green or very close. My opponent tried the new marble ball and the distance is probably perfect, he just missed the adjustment. You'll definitely get pretty close with a titan too, just not all the way to green. (Mind you, i have an Apoc 6)

Edited by Jonas, 16 April 2018 - 08:38 AM.

#12 NarryBorne

NarryBorne

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:41 AM

Tailwind NW, I tried a globe and got 12.7. Bounced at the very top of the first fairway and ended up in the greenside bunker. With the right adjustment you should get it on green or very close.

Sounds like you can.

Bah that's bad for me too then. I thought they were making tougher winds now for Expert, guess not. There's too many holes I lose out on with very limited Beserkers and my clubs. Even if I can max/power the Nirvana4 on H2 to reach the green, that's not gonna be far from easy for me time consistently.

Think I'm gonna have to skip and stick to Pro. Pretty disappointed with all these tail winds again ...

#13 Jonas

Jonas

Honored Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:43 AM

Sounds like you can.

Bah that's bad for me too then. I thought they were making tougher winds now for Expert, guess not. There's too many holes I lose out on with very limited Beserkers and my clubs. Even if I can max/power the Nirvana4 on H2 to reach the green, that's not gonna be far from easy for me time consistently.

Think I'm gonna have to skip and stick to Pro. Pretty disappointed with all these tail winds again ...

expert pretty much always gets these winds, not sure why you're surprised.

#14 NarryBorne

NarryBorne

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:45 AM

expert pretty much always gets these winds, not sure why you're surprised.

I thought they said they were changing them?

Edited by NarryBorne, 16 April 2018 - 08:45 AM.

#15 Jonas

Jonas

Honored Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:47 AM

I thought they said they were changing them?

The winds are supposedly different for all tiers now, but I think Expert changed the least. Masters is way more difficult now.

#16 NarryBorne

NarryBorne

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:15 AM

The winds are supposedly different for all tiers now, but I think Expert changed the least. Masters is way more difficult now.

I'll probably prefer Masters then :lol:

May even take a quick look at it. People might give me some funny looks out there with my EM6 though :lol:

Edited by NarryBorne, 16 April 2018 - 09:15 AM.

#17 Croatian

Croatian

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

Jonas, did you use Amazon on 2 for your second shot or was Nirvana enough?

#18 Croatian

Croatian

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:00 PM

I reached the second fairway on 2. Zerk and Apo 6, 10.9 wind, left curl.

#19 HippieJimmy

HippieJimmy

Honored Member

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

Thinking about taking a dump round on expert with just Marlins to get a feel for distance and winds in Masters

#20 Wolverine13

Wolverine13

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

You can do it Narry! I dropped my baby account into expert this time to see how its EM6, Sniper 7 and Guardian 4 will fare. No big boy balls (3 snow globes, 2 berzerkers), but plenty of titans and enough KMs to keep it clean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users