• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Jonas

Jonas

Honored Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:10 AM

For discussions regarding the rookie holes and winds and whatnot. 

#2 Golf Life

Golf Life

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:16 AM

I'm using an EM4. Think that will be competitive? Haven't unlocked t8 yet so haven't played the holes. I have no idea. Thx.

One more thing. I know you guys probably get tired of noob questions but, when a person tries to qualify, do you only play one round for the day? And if a person doesn't qualify, I know I get another chance on Tuesday, but do I only play one round each day until I either do or don't qualify? Or can I play as much as needed on any given day? Sorry if my questions are stupid. Just trying to decide if I should play and I want to be clear on procedure. Many thanks. 

Edited by Golf Life, 16 April 2018 - 07:22 AM.

#3 Golf Clasher

Golf Clasher

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:31 AM

One qualifying opportunity (round of 9 holes) per day over the first three days. If you miss on day one you can try again on day two. If you qualify on day one then you will have no tournament rounds on days two and three.

Hope that answers your question.

#4 Jonas

Jonas

Honored Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:34 AM

I'm using an EM4. Think that will be competitive? Haven't unlocked t8 yet so haven't played the holes. I have no idea. Thx.

One more thing. I know you guys probably get tired of noob questions but, when a person tries to qualify, do you only play one round for the day? And if a person doesn't qualify, I know I get another chance on Tuesday, but do I only play one round each day until I either do or don't qualify? Or can I play as much as needed on any given day? Sorry if my questions are stupid. Just trying to decide if I should play and I want to be clear on procedure. Many thanks. 

Nothing to be sorry about. You play 9 holes in your qualifier. You get one chance per day and have three chances in total. A lot of players miss/play badly on purpose to learn the holes and the winds. If you're new I'd try to play as well as you can, not worth missing the cut.

#5 Golf Life

Golf Life

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

Nothing to be sorry about. You play 9 holes in your qualifier. You get one chance per day and have three chances in total. A lot of players miss/play badly on purpose to learn the holes and the winds. If you're new I'd try to play as well as you can, not worth missing the cut.

Thank you so much. That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure going in. Think my EM4, BD4,Goliath4 will be enough?

#6 Golf Life

Golf Life

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

One qualifying opportunity (round of 9 holes) per day over the first three days. If you miss on day one you can try again on day two. If you qualify on day one then you will have no tournament rounds on days two and three.

Hope that answers your question.

It did indeed. Thank you sir.

#7 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

Honored Member

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:52 AM

uymwd8c.png

I think it's phuqing hilarious that I see this chit EVERY tournament, but never during normal play.

Yeah, MY connection is bad.

Blow me.

#8 Jonas

Jonas

Honored Member

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

Thank you so much. That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure going in. Think my EM4, BD4,Goliath4 will be enough?

Anything will be good enough for rookie:)

#9 Nickgiantsfan

Nickgiantsfan

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

Thanks Jonas for remembering the little people. It’s appreciated.

#10 Nickgiantsfan

Nickgiantsfan

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

Golf Lite. I’m here to answer any of your Rookie questions. I’ve made it to the weekend round on 14/15 tournaments. I’ll be moving to pro once I get the bankroll higher. The best thing you can do this tournament is watch golf clash Tommy’s Rookie videos on YouTube. Shows you how to hit each shot. Your clubs are fine.

#11 Drewiz

Drewiz

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

To Golf Life, there are no stupid questions here, just some stupid answers and posts!

To Jamzwayne, I use mostly LTE. Usually 3-4 bars, but still get it! It can’t be them, gotta be us!

To Golf Life again, tour 8 isn’t so bad, especially in rookie! The winds will be toned down and you start off closer.

#12 Nickgiantsfan

Nickgiantsfan

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

Shot a -11 with 2 eagles. Tied for first. Should be fine. Very forgiving course.

#13 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

Honored Member

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:54 PM

I forfeited the last 3 holes, didn't qualify.
I'm hoping to get some good stuff tomorrow, and I'll qualify in the 3rd round.
This is a fairly easy course, shouldn't be a problem.

#14 Cedarberry

Cedarberry

Honored Member

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

Look forward to ya sporting gold braids come Monday then:)))))

#15 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:15 PM

I forfeited the last 3 holes, didn't qualify.
I'm hoping to get some good stuff tomorrow, and I'll qualify in the 3rd round.

See what happens when you get stuck in T8. This tournament is a breeze for you! ; )

#16 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

Honored Member

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:13 PM

Look forward to ya sporting gold braids come Monday then:)))))

https://giphy.com/gi...Links&utm_term=

#17 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

Honored Member

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:13 PM

See what happens when you get stuck in T8. This tournament is a breeze for you! ; )

That's an understatement.

Edited by jamzwayne, 16 April 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#18 golfreak12

golfreak12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1096 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:35 AM

If you're willing to spend a little of money on this game. Don't make the qualifier for the first 2 days. You will get a $1.99 for 500 gems and 25 Katana. This goes a long way in helping you succeed in this game.

#19 Golf Life

Golf Life

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:46 AM

Thanks Jonas for remembering the little people. It’s appreciated.

It certainly is.

#20 Golf Life

Golf Life

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:08 AM

Well, I managed to qualify on my first attempt in tenth with a -7. Never having played that course before and using a basic ball, I think I did pretty good  :D  I botched at least four shots but I know what I did wrong so I feel ok with my result. The holes are easy but I could have used a bit more back spin on my BD4. Woo Hoo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users