Dumb.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CFioren317

CFioren317

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

How is 2 Eagles and 2 pars better than 4 birdies? Yeah you had two great holes but you had two awful one's too. 4 birdies are 4 holes that may not have been great but weren't awful either.

This is better than who finished first I guess but as someone who played at 3am EST to finish first this sucks for me. Yeah I should have eagled a hole...but still sucks lol. I was first to 9 (all birdies) and got jumped by 3 people who had 2 Eagles and 2 pars. First time I missed cut on Expert ever.

#2 Marten

Marten

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

Agree it’s kind of odd but I like that it encouraging risk taking. That can make or break your score. And it’s much better then the time finish first decider.
I really like that if 4 people are T4 they all get that chest and balls. 👍🏼 Well we need to see if that code works first.

#3 Templeowl87

Templeowl87

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

How is 2 Eagles and 2 pars better than 4 birdies? Yeah you had two great holes but you had two awful one's too. 4 birdies are 4 holes that may not have been great but weren't awful either.
This is better than who finished first I guess but as someone who played at 3am EST to finish first this sucks for me. Yeah I should have eagled a hole...but still sucks lol. I was first to 9 (all birdies) and got jumped by 3 people who had 2 Eagles and 2 pars. First time I missed cut on Expert ever.

The problem with the new tiebreakers is it favors the players with the better equipment and greater experience. Since using trophy count to group players in a tournament group does not really create a level playing field, I would like to see the least number of pars as the top tie breaker after previous scores and matches played. At least this would give the trophy dumping players with high level clubs something to think about before turning the Tournment into a longest drive competition.

Edited by Templeowl87, 14 February 2018 - 06:33 PM.

#4 Golf Clasher

Golf Clasher

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:05 AM

Increase the difficulty of all holes so that par is no longer defacto bogey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users