• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

I getting caned on a shootout in tour8 and I remember you posting some advice on it but I can't find your post anywhere. Its the one where you said not to the follow the line and you gave some advice on how to play it. Any chance you can post the advice again??? Also if anyone else has any advice how best to at the other tour 8 shootouts I'll be much obliged.

#2 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Which shootout?

#3 golfreak12

golfreak12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Which SO ?? I've lived my life on T8 for the last 8 months.

Helps if you have a Sniper 9 and above.

#4 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

Which shootout?

its the one with the fairway then a little gap then the flag just up a little hill on the green.

#5 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

Which SO ?? I've lived my life on T8 for the last 8 months.
Helps if you have a Sniper 9 and above.

hi golffreak. If you have any tips for any of the tour8 shootouts that would be great.

#6 Thinjake

Thinjake

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

its the one with the fairway then a little gap then the flag just up a little hill on the green.

This one?

https://golfclashnot...NamhaeCliffs/1/

If so, adjust for 150% wind.  If you have 10 mph wind, using a Sniper, adjust for 15 rings.  

#7 golfreak12

golfreak12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:30 PM

My mind is at a blank right now.

#8 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:31 PM

This one?

If so, adjust for 150% wind. If you have 10 mph wind, using a Sniper, adjust for 15 rings.

I definitely agree here. Especially if you have wind in your face. If not, you’ll be in the gorge. I’ve been T8 for an eternity. Lol!

Edited by HipKip, 13 February 2018 - 03:31 PM.

#9 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:37 PM

This one?

If so, adjust for 150% wind. If you have 10 mph wind, using a Sniper, adjust for 15 rings.

no sorry not that one. Its the one where the pin is just up the hill on the right and people usually come at it from the left but if you go right of the pin it rolls down to the right down the right side of the hill.

#10 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:39 PM

My mind is at a blank right now.

if you line your shot up to end of the fairway on the left, the line of your shot automatically aims right.

#11 golfreak12

golfreak12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:39 PM

This one I'm guessing ??

https://golfclashnot...NamhaeCliffs/6/

#12 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

if you line your shot up to end of the fairway on the left, the line of your shot automatically aims right.

Is it also the one where it will roll way past if you get to far beyond the pin?

#13 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:43 PM

This one I'm guessing ??
https://golfclashnot...NamhaeCliffs/6/

yes yes yes, that's the bugger!!!thanks gplffreak.

#14 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

Is it also the one where it will roll way past if you get to far beyond the pin?

its the one golffreak just posted. If you need to line up left of the fairway the ball guide automatically arches right.

#15 golfreak12

golfreak12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

LOL, I hate that one too.

That used to be my #1 nemesis on T8. Now its just OK because more people mess it up than I do.

My #1 problem with that hole is that I'm using a BB10 and with a big headwind, I can't use it and I've improvised with a Sniper many times.

I aim my landing spot on the left as its the most consistent. It will bounce right toward the flag no matter what.

I use 3 bs on my B10 and 1 to 2 left side spin to keep it from rolling down the slope on the right.

I can't get it close everytime but its enough to win most of the time.

I used to aim in the middle of the fairway but boy those non-perfect shots will kill you.

#16 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

LOL, I hate that one too.
That used to be my #1 nemesis on T8. Now its just OK because more people mess it up than I do.
My #1 problem with that hole is that I'm using a BB10 and with a big headwind, I can't use it and I've improvised with a Sniper many times.
I aim my landing spot on the left as its the most consistent. It will bounce right toward the flag no matter what.
I use 3 bs on my B10 and 1 to 2 left side spin to keep it from rolling down the slope on the right.
I can't get it close everytime but its enough to win most of the time.
I used to aim in the middle of the fairway but boy those non-perfect shots will kill you.

I find most times you need to line up left of the fairway and unless you go off the screen left you can't get close as the guide always takes you fair right and usually end up right down the hill!

#17 Thinjake

Thinjake

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

Me too Golf Freak!  I hate that hole!  I used to play more central and I SUCKED AT IT!  Now I play like you describe and I have gotten better at it.  

The last time I played it, I had 6.2 wind from W to E.  Using Goliath 8, I used 3 or 4 BS, 2 left spin, a little curl to left and put it to 1.67 just SW of the hole.  

Lost of course to a near HIO...he was under .5.  

#18 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:57 PM

#19 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:59 PM

And keep in mind it isn’t a great shootout above but it shows what not to do, and that 3 yards is usually enough to win if you go first. They think they’ve got you, then go at the hole and lose. Just need to use a long iron you’re comfortable with so you don’t go long or short.

Edited by Sonicblast12, 13 February 2018 - 04:02 PM.

#20 golfreak12

golfreak12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:05 PM

I find most times you need to line up left of the fairway and unless you go off the screen left you can't get close as the guide always takes you fair right and usually end up right down the hill!

Watch Sonic video....exactly as described.

He had to adjust a little side spin because the wind is blowing right and its a heavy wind.

Use 3 bs. The 2nd player in that video didn't use enough BS and it went a little longer and drifted to the right down the slope.

The key on this hole is not try to get a HIO(I don't think I have yet) but consistentcy. Bouncing on the left is the most consistency even on a non-perfect shot. As I was saying earlier the problem is if you're using BB, the headwind you will have to improvise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users