• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Cedarberry

Cedarberry

Honored Member

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

Anyone pony up yet? What did you pull from the tour chest?

Thanks

#2 Tunakiller

Tunakiller

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:39 PM

20 bucks for 18 balls.

They had 20 bucks for 30 globes and 30 kingmakers and 1700 gems last December.

#3 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1023 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

PD overvalues berserkers, and it’s not even a king chest. Think you gotta pass on this one.

Edited by Sonicblast12, 13 February 2018 - 01:49 PM.

#4 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

PD overvalues berserkers, and it’s not even a king chest. Think you gotta pass on this one.

X2
I had to pass up 20 bucks for a handful of balls.

I have about 8 boxes of berserkers. Used maybe 2?
I'm very fond of the globes. I love those dudes for distance.

Edited by jamzwayne, 13 February 2018 - 02:38 PM.

#5 Cedarberry

Cedarberry

Honored Member

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, kinda on the fence, prolly just go with the qualification offer, 45 katanas 4.99

#6 golfreak12

golfreak12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:05 PM

Damn PD is getting delusional with their offers.

As much as I need some Zerkers, I'm not spending $20 for 18 freakin balls and a Platinum chest.

The Christmas offer was 30 Globes/30 KMs 2500 gems and a Kings chest which was so good that I bought it for all 4 accounts.

PASS PASS PASS.

I've been telling people over and over if you're hard up for gems, do the $1.99 every tourney.

For the same $20 you get 5000 gems and 250 Katanas.

#7 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

They have no clue regarding the value of anything. You'd think they'd consult with someone who actually plays their game before putting these offers together. The qualification and "you did not qualify" offers get more and more expensive as you play higher tournaments only because they include more coins, but the higher you go, the coins become the only things in the offer that no one cares about.  How about adding more balls or gems instead so that top players no longer have to go tank the rookie qualifiers so they can spend $2 instead of $5 for the exact same balls and gems.

#8 Jak65

Jak65

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

They have no clue regarding the value of anything. You'd think they'd consult with someone who actually plays their game before putting these offers together. The qualification and "you did not qualify" offers get more and more expensive as you play higher tournaments only because they include more coins, but the higher you go, the coins become the only things in the offer that no one cares about.  How about adding more balls or gems instead so that top players no longer have to go tank the rookie qualifiers so they can spend $2 instead of $5 for the exact same balls and gems.

I'd venture they consulted with their marketing and finance people and said if we got x amount income with giving up y, how much can we lower y and still get a reasonable rate of return.  I didn't buy it, but I'm guessing enough did to make them happy.  I'm sure there are people addicted enough to buy every offer they put out.

#9 OughtOught

OughtOught

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

Not a good deal. Take off the chest and offer 45 balls and it is still questionable.

#10 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

I'd venture they consulted with their marketing and finance people and said if we got x amount income with giving up y, how much can we lower y and still get a reasonable rate of return.  I didn't buy it, but I'm guessing enough did to make them happy.  I'm sure there are people addicted enough to buy every offer they put out.

Definitely lots of sales either way, but they are missing out on maximizing the money they get from the people who do buy because they set it up so that their $1.99 offer is the best deal. That is easily fixed by adding balls or gems as you move to higher tournaments instead of coins.

#11 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1023 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

They have no clue regarding the value of anything. You'd think they'd consult with someone who actually plays their game before putting these offers together. The qualification and "you did not qualify" offers get more and more expensive as you play higher tournaments only because they include more coins, but the higher you go, the coins become the only things in the offer that no one cares about. How about adding more balls or gems instead so that top players no longer have to go tank the rookie qualifiers so they can spend $2 instead of $5 for the exact same balls and gems.

Exactly. I got punished for playing in the proper division.

#12 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Exactly. I got punished for playing in the proper division.

I am always low on the day-to-day balls (qua, kat, titan) and I could use the 45 kats and 500 gems, but I won't buy the deal on principle because I know that of the $6.99, I would be giving them an extra $3 for 3 million coins when I already have a few billion. Offer me those balls and gems for $3.99 like in the rookie tournament and I'm buying it. It's a poor marketing strategy.

#13 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1023 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:51 PM

I’ve reached the point where balls and gems are the only things that matter. They can keep the chests and the coins.

#14 hooksalot

hooksalot

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:56 PM

I understand the balls and not needing the coins, but if you don't care about chests why do you care about the gems?  So you can upgrade clubs and get balls?  Just curious.  I will never reach a level where ia m that comfortable.  Stuck on Tour 9.  Get to 400-500 trophies, goes back to zero.  Even my Alt account has caught up and the same thing happens.  :)

Edited by hooksalot, 14 February 2018 - 08:57 PM.

#15 hooksalot

hooksalot

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:58 PM

I’ve reached the point where balls and gems are the only things that matter. They can keep the chests and the coins.

Sorry forgot to quote you above.

#16 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

I understand the balls and not needing the coins, but if you don't care about chests why do you care about the gems?  So you can upgrade clubs and get balls?  Just curious.  I will never reach a level where ia m that comfortable.  Stuck on Tour 9.  Get to 400-500 trophies, goes back to zero.  Even my Alt account has caught up and the same thing happens.  :)

I have never used gems for anything but balls which is why my clubs relatively suck for the amount of games I've played. Aside from those of us here who play each other in tour 11 with low level balls, the lowest value ball anyone else uses is a titan/kat which cost 180 gems for a pack of 9 balls, so there is no way to keep enough of those on hand with the few gems you get for free daily.

Edited by wontootree, 14 February 2018 - 09:12 PM.

#17 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1023 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:04 PM

I understand the balls and not needing the coins, but if you don't care about chests why do you care about the gems? So you can upgrade clubs and get balls? Just curious. I will never reach a level where ia m that comfortable. Stuck on Tour 9. Get to 400-500 trophies, goes back to zero. Even my Alt account has caught up and the same thing happens. :)

Yeah at this point the gems are only to buy balls and upgrade Thor, Apoc, and cataclysm when they show up in the shop. Everything else is maxed or I don’t use.

#18 golfreak12

golfreak12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

I am always low on the day-to-day balls (qua, kat, titan) and I could use the 45 kats and 500 gems, but I won't buy the deal on principle because I know that of the $6.99, I would be giving them an extra $3 for 3 million coins when I already have a few billion. Offer me those balls and gems for $3.99 like in the rookie tournament and I'm buying it. It's a poor marketing strategy.

Better yet, just fail on rookie the first 2 days for $3.98 1000 gems/50 Katanas.

Surely you can make it through on Expert or Master on the 3rd day.

With all the informations going around before the 3rd day, its tough not to make it through.

#19 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:34 PM

Better yet, just fail on rookie the first 2 days for $3.98 1000 gems/50 Katanas.

Surely you can make it through on Expert or Master on the 3rd day.

With all the informations going around before the 3rd day, its tough not to make it through.

I don't use any alt accounts and I don't go back and play the previous tours, then factor in how different these holes play from the masters tees and the result is that I NEED to play a practice round in masters to have any clue what I'm doing. I try to qualify the second day so I still have the option to tank the round if I blow a few early shots. If I was better at the game and knew I could post -12 or -13 going in blind, I'd definitely tank 2 rookie rounds every tournament.

#20 Heb

Heb

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:39 PM

Seemed way over-priced for me so I passed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users