Photo

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Bert70

Bert70

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:34 PM

After many months and many games, I reached 5170 trophies. Now, I am hesitant to play again, fearing that I may lose them. For all of you who hit the mark, what did you do? Keep playing Tour 11? drop down tours? The last 2 months I have played nothing but Tours 10 and 11. I didn’t drop tours to practice for tourneys. I might get my a§§ handed to me on Tours 7 and 8 because I have not played them in a awhile. I will never play Tour 9 again. I swear I finished 7, 8, 10, and 11 combined in a shorter time than it took to get out of Tour 9 he//. Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • LocationLeicester, England

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

Congratulations Bert. 

1st  things 1st, Take a screenshot of yourself @ No.1 in the world. that's a keeper.

I did carry on playing T11 as I didn't think I'd mastered the tour yet. I'd kind of wing'd it through, failing on a couple of the shootouts in particular almost every time.

So I lost a lot of trophies, won them back, then lost them again. I'm now working my way back but this time, I have full confidence on 4 of the 5 and SO's and am up to about 75% on the last.

Once I've got it back, I'm going back to Tour 10 to finish off my notes there as they're not quite complete and then hopefully one day Playdemic will open up the Masters Tee's tours and the race is on to Tour 16!

In the mean-time, do yourself a favour and register for the up-coming World Cup. These ryder Cup games have breathed new life into the game for me also.

#3 Hornet

Hornet

• Members
  • 294 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, England

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:12 PM

Nice one Bert!  Personally I've stuck in tour 11 since maxing. Pretty much same reason as Kyle, wanting to master the holes.  
It's going really well too, currently trying to battle back from dropping to 4170  :lol:  :lol:

#4 Bert70

Bert70

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Congratulations Bert. 

1st  things 1st, Take a screenshot of yourself @ No.1 in the world. that's a keeper.

I did carry on playing T11 as I didn't think I'd mastered the tour yet. I'd kind of wing'd it through, failing on a couple of the shootouts in particular almost every time.

So I lost a lot of trophies, won them back, then lost them again. I'm now working my way back but this time, I have full confidence on 4 of the 5 and SO's and am up to about 75% on the last.

Once I've got it back, I'm going back to Tour 10 to finish off my notes there as they're not quite complete and then hopefully one day Playdemic will open up the Masters Tee's tours and the race is on to Tour 16!
In the mean-time, do yourself a favour and register for the up-coming World Cup. These ryder Cup games have breathed new life into the game for me also.

Thanks for the advice. I could not get any traction in Tour 11. I would win one, lose two, win two, lose two, etc. This past weekend I bottomed out at 4170 with just 59,000,000 coins left. Then something clicked. I won 9 in row. Lost 1, then won 7 more, lost 1, won 8 more. In a course of 1 and a half days, I went from 4170 to 5170 and had over 400,000,000 coins. I guess leveling my Apoc to lvl 6 might have aided in my great weekend

#5 Kenny

Kenny

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Only tour11 for me as too time consuming regaining trophies on lower tours. I use a 2nd account to practice anything. It’s beneficial if you do well in the tourneys with that one to speed upgrade your tools.P.S Well done

Edited by Kenny, 12 February 2018 - 07:18 PM.

#6 Shane

Shane

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

I hated T11. Hated the holes etc. just not for me so I haven’t and won’t go back. I dropped to 7-8. Especially 7 which keeps you in shootout shape.

#7 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1023 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:29 PM

When I finally get it maxed I’m going to tour 8. Seems to have the widest variety of holes.

#8 Shane

Shane

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

When I finally get it maxed I’m going to tour 8. Seems to have the widest variety of holes.

Best brothel in town for sure for variety 😛

#9 Bert70

Bert70

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for all of the great advice. You guys and gals are far more friendly and helpful than the most of the pr!cks on Reddit. I think I’ll I mix it up and just play for the fun of it. I wish they would bring back the Christmas holes. That’s the only time I enjoyed Tour 9. I had those holes down.

Edited by Bert70, 12 February 2018 - 07:44 PM.

#10 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for all of the great advice. You guys and gals are far more friendly and helpful than the most of the pr!cks on Reddit. I think I’ll I mix it up and just play for the fun of it. I wish they would brink back the Christmas holes. That’s the only time I enjoyed Tour 9. I had those holes down.

i can't complete tour9 for the life if me. Got to 750 trophies then bang lost 5 in a row. As soon ad I get close I get knocked back down.

#11 GC Canada

GC Canada

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

Congrats Bert.
Hope to be there soon myself
Been fighting the tour11 blues for a couple weeks now

#12 Bert70

Bert70

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:48 PM

i can't complete tour9 for the life if me. Got to 750 trophies then bang lost 5 in a row. As soon ad I get close I get knocked back down.

I hated Tour 9. It does have a little more variety with the additional Glenmonarch holes. When I was stuck there, there were 4 Oasis holes, 4 Glenmonarch holes, and 4 Milano holes. Very monotonous. I spent about 4 months going up and down that tour. I still hate it.

#13 Marten

Marten

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:50 PM

Awesome Bert. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 What a run on those last 2 days. 🚀

What driver Where you playing before that Apo6 run?

#14 Jak65

Jak65

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:50 PM

Congratulations Bert - not an easy accomplishment.

#15 Bert70

Bert70

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Awesome Bert. What a run on those last 2 days.
What driver Where you playing before that Apo6 run?

Apoc 5. The additional backspin really opened up options on the Sunshine Glades Par 3 with headwind and the Southern Pines Par 3 where you can put the ball right on the green with max backspin. I guess I could have done the same with my TH 5 but I never use it and I don’t know it’s nuances yet.

#16 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1023 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

I pray for headwind on tour 11 shootouts, Thor eats the Apoc alive on those. Tailwind is a lot harder when the sniper guys get to stretch it out and use the ball guide.

#17 Bert70

Bert70

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

On a side note, I won my weekly Master 3 league. Here is the contents of my “awesome” King Chest:

Clubs 35 The Rocket
Clubs 39 Houdini
Clubs 52 The Guardian
Balls 1 Titan
Balls 4 Kingmaker
Clubs 30 The Malibu
Clubs 64 The Sand Lizard
Clubs 19 The Kingfisher
Balls 1 Katana
Clubs 42 The Backbone

What a joke

Edited by Bert70, 12 February 2018 - 08:04 PM.

#18 embryjim

embryjim

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:06 PM

Great job Bert,  I stuck with Tour 11, as Kenny says, its too hard to get back trophies on the lower tours as I am not familiar with the holes any longer.  I could go to tour 10 because I spent a huge amount of time there grinding before I went to Tour 11 and I do remember those holes well.

#19 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • LocationLeicester, England

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

I pray for headwind on tour 11 shootouts, Thor eats the Apoc alive on those. Tailwind is a lot harder when the sniper guys get to stretch it out and use the ball guide.

So why not Carry it yourself ?

Haven’t we had this conversation?

#20 Bert70

Bert70

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:09 PM

I switched my wood to the HH 6. Its a bit more powerful than the Sniper and has more topspin plus great accuracy. Great club for some of the long Par 5s. It works real well on shootouts as well, with the exception being Milano Par 3 with strong tail wind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users