My mate got a forfeit eagle on 9 in pro, lucky *****

#202 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:01 PM

My mate got a forfeit eagle on 9 in pro, lucky *****

I'd take one of those.  

Edited by Slick, 14 February 2018 - 04:01 PM.

#203 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

If you can get far enough up with a tailwind you can get a shot for the eagle.I had a shot at it but come up short. It is possible to eagle it. Try it with the big dawg and see how you get on.

I had a BD but I still came up a little short.  

There's a fine line on the drive too.  You want to hit that drive  as far as you can but you don't want to go too far either.  I think with an EM 5, if I go to the original position, without seeing the extra yardage a KM or Titan gives you, you can hit a drive normal power with no spin and run right up to the edge of the fairway.  

The first few playthroughs I think I'm  being conservative so as not to trickle into the rough.  

If that makes any sense.  

#204 Jak65

Jak65

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1056 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Nah. You’ll see posts claiming this all over the place, but the actually leaderboard? It will be rare.

Most tournaments I've played expert, and I think the best I've seen win is a -28, usually it's 27's and 26's in the top three.  I know people have posted images of higher scores, and there's the one guy who's like a robot with the -32/33/34, but they've not been in my group.

#205 Wolverine13

Wolverine13

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

I think the divisions make a bigger difference this tournament than most. In masters, you will see better scores with a lot more albie's on 3 and more (but not many) eagles on 8. Tommy was a slight mistake from -15 yesterday and shot -14.

I think -28 will be podium in masters, -26 in expert and possibly -25 in pro. Rookie is a bit of a wild card since the par 3's are way easier with the low wind. Could be completely off but there are fewer really good eagle opportunities on par 4s (aside from the must on 1) and only real alba opp is 3. Compared to last tournament where every par 5 was a legitimate alba opp and almost every par 4 was an eagle opp from the fairway.

#206 HippieJimmy

HippieJimmy

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

I’m going into this tournament with a don’t give a rats a$$ attitude where I place. My goal is just to make it to the weekend around by using no more than 10 kingmakers in the 45 holes. That’s why I am playing expert, for the kingmakers. If I get enough, the next time I will return masters again for Berserkers.
Playing 2 accounts in Expert.
-11 in main (oopsie OB on 8) and
-12 in Alt w/ 700 games and EM6/ Sniper8. That’s all anyone really needs for these holes with these winds.

#207 Marten

Marten

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

I’m going into this tournament with a don’t give a rats a$$ attitude where I place. My goal is just to make it to the weekend around by using no more than 10 kingmakers in the 45 holes. That’s why I am playing expert, for the kingmakers. If I get enough, the next time I will return masters again for Berserkers.
Playing 2 accounts in Expert.
-11 in main (oopsie OB on 8) and
-12 in Alt w/ 700 games and EM6/ Sniper8. That’s all anyone really needs for these holes with these winds.

Lol Jimmy that’s scary identical to me
2 accnt in expert
-11 on main with OB on 8
-12 on alt with 890 games EM6/ThH3/Sniper8

Played safe with alt. Tried stuff with main and planned to tank but after 7 I needed to go for it but couldn’t resist to optimistic line in 8 🙈 😂😂😂

#208 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1069 posts
  • LocationLeicester, England

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:58 PM

Nah. You’ll see posts claiming this all over the place, but the actually leaderboard? It will be rare.

Agreed, it’s a tough crop of holes for distance hole-outs.
(In Expert), -26’s & 27’s will win the majority of leagues.
Of course there’ll be a -29 out there somewhere but not in many

#209 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1069 posts
  • LocationLeicester, England

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

Got it to -13 in Expert and am happy with that and plans for every hole except 9.

#210 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:05 PM

That’s a good score. Won’t be many -26’s out there.

#211 Marten

Marten

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:08 PM

Got it to -13 in Expert and am happy with that and plans for every hole except 9.

Great score Kyle. Where did you pick up the extra -1?

#212 Allen121

Allen121

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:11 AM

The first one is the standard way to play it but isn’t realistic in masters. Without a special ball it’s an 18 mph crosswind from the 3rd tee that tries to push everything in the bunker or off the green right. Adjusting to compensate for the wind has your ball land on a significant upslope and sends it careening backwards.

Not trying to hole this one, just trying not to par it.

In Master, use a Rocket and KM with 7 backspin, 3 right sidespin, tiny bit of right curl, and aim for the fairway just before the green. Here's a video of it. 

#213 Allen121

Allen121

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:15 AM

Allen - when i click on the link, I get this error:  The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

Sorry, you have to join the FB Group first at https://www.facebook...clash-legends. 

#214 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:25 AM

Sorry, you have to join the FB Group first at https://www.facebook...clash-legends. 

Are there any FB groups for us regular guys who aren't quite elite and are far from being legends?

#215 OughtOught

OughtOught

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:37 AM

-12 rookie / -11 expert (drove to rough on 5 and left the eagle chip hanging on rim of the cup rrrrrr).

I was playing a friend prior to qualifying and forfieted the last hole because it was not a tournament hole and had a long wait till I got matched on hole one then it went smoothly after that.

#216 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:44 AM

I wish they’d have some kind of indicator that you’re playing a shootout in a tournament. I’m always half paying attention and have mini heart attacks thinking I’m playing the next hole.

Edited by Sonicblast12, 15 February 2018 - 12:58 AM.

#217 Algebra Teacher

Algebra Teacher

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:54 AM

I can see 9/18 being eagled and then HIO on either 4 or 7. Expert scores may be lower than masters. I'm thinking 27-29 will be winners in pro and expert. Probably more expert than pro.

#218 HippieJimmy

HippieJimmy

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:56 AM

Lol Jimmy that’s scary identical to me
2 accnt in expert
-11 on main with OB on 8
-12 on alt with 890 games EM6/ThH3/Sniper8

Played safe with alt. Tried stuff with main and planned to tank but after 7 I needed to go for it but couldn’t resist to optimistic line in 8 🙈 😂😂😂

Exactly! Lol
Now I have to play safe in my main and go for stuff on Alt to even it out!

#219 Allen121

Allen121

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:01 AM

Are there any FB groups for us regular guys who aren't quite elite and are far from being legends?

There are many beginners and intermediate players in the group as well. The guide I created also covers rookie and pro.

#220 Allen121

Allen121

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:03 AM

I wish they’d have some kind of indicator that you’re playing a shootout in a tournament. I’m always half paying attention and have mini heart attacks thinking I’m playing the next hole.

Lol you'll never start the next hole automatically, so it's safe to assume you're playing a SO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users