• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 ChrissyMac

ChrissyMac

Honored Member

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

First off, anyone who I haven't had the pleasure of chatting with in the past, you'll be thinking "what is this silly woman on about!" So I apologise and you can feel free to stop reading now.

To those still here...

Well that's me done with the Tour for a while. Maxed Tour 9 last night and figured this was as good a time as any to take a break.

I'm currently on the way to an anniversary weekend with my long suffering hubby, so will not have time for any Golf Clash until next week. Then I'll be concentrating on the tournament whilst also getting stuff sorted for the family holiday the week after. We are off to (hopefully) sunny Florida for a couple of weeks, where the only golfing I'll be doing will be the real kind.

Really, the main point of this post was to give a big thank you to everyone on the forum, for their help and guidance. You have an enviable knowledge of this game and I really wouldn't be half the player without you all. Also for the times you'd made me smile and, truthfully, laugh out loud.

In particular, to Kyle, Scotty, Carl, Kenny, Shane, Slick, Adrian, Jak, Sonic and Wayne. You have been a wealth of information and encouragement. Sorry if I've missed or forgotten anybody...Oh and Jimmy and Manish and the other guy with 2 marriages and 4 accounts...thanks to you all.

I've been shocked at how immersed in this game I have become. Who else sits in their New York hotel room playing a mobile golf game rather than seeing the sights. Even just writing this post...Who does that? That'll be the wine talking.

Anyway...thanks again to everyone and good luck in the next few weeks. I'm sure I'll still be checking in on my extended family whilst I'm away. I promised the kids I'd leave my phone behind but I'm sure it'll make it's way with me somehow.

And most of all, have fun. It IS just a game after all.

#2 Adrian47

Adrian47

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

Chrissy, I have been grinding tour9 for months and am still only on 575 and you have completed it in less than a week. I salute you for that as it is not an easy tour so congratulations. Thank you for all the help and advice you have given me and have a fantastic holiday and look forward to your return to these forums.

#3 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Honored Member

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • LocationLeicester, England

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

Have a good break Chrissy.

Your Husband must be very accommodating indeed if he tolerates you taking him away to celebrate the anniversary of a Golf game ?

#4 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

Stop making it look so easy. Tour 9 took me over a month.

#5 Adrian47

Adrian47

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:48 PM

Stop making it look so easy. Tour 9 took me over a month.

SB, I'm mostly playing tour9 and I'm wondering whether to play pro in Mondays tournament or take a big leap into expert. Have you played expert in a tournament ? What are the average winds?

#6 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

The conditions will match tour 9, as will the chests.

#7 Adrian47

Adrian47

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

The conditions will match tour 9, as will the chests.

OK thanks, I'll mull it over the weekend.

#8 embryjim

embryjim

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

OK thanks, I'll mull it over the weekend.

Adrian, in my opinion you are definitely OK for expert if you have the coins.

#9 embryjim

embryjim

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

@ Chrissy... have great vacation, the temps in the Southeast US are extraordinarily cold at the moment but should be fine in Florida by the time you arrive.

Edited by embryjim, 12 January 2018 - 07:04 PM.

#10 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:24 PM

I'm taking a break as well. You're reasoning is more valid, mine is just a temper tantrum.
Have a safe trip.
See you next week.

#11 dylangc

dylangc

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:29 PM

Ha, enjoy the break!  Hope your hubby realizes how hard it is to give up the addiction for a long weekend. :-)

#12 Jak65

Jak65

Honored Member

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

Enjoy the weekend and time off.  Enjoy Florida, I've golfed there once or twice, but usually hit South Carolina for most of my golf trips.

#13 Adrian47

Adrian47

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:40 PM

Adrian, in my opinion you are definitely OK for expert if you have the coins.

Thanks embryjim.I've got 43 million so I'll probably give it a go.Even if I fall flat on my face I'm always looking to learn off other players.

#14 Adrian47

Adrian47

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

I'm taking a break as well. You're reasoning is more valid, mine is just a temper tantrum.
Have a safe trip.
See you next week.

Bad run? I got slaughtered in tour8 yesterday on the shootouts and I'm now back to 22 trophies.

#15 Scotty D

Scotty D

Golf Clash Junkie

• Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

Enjoy your trip!  It's good to refresh and take in what life has to offer outside of the small screen we are all addicted to.  

Cheers.

#16 Shane

Shane

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Thanks Chrissy for the kind words. Enjoy your break. When you come back we definitely have to play some friendly matches.

#17 golfreak12

golfreak12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:33 PM

Where in Florida ??
I'm in Orlando. Lots of golf courses here.

#18 Croatian

Croatian

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Have a great holiday. I live in FLA and it’s been kinda crummy weather and I hope it improves for your trip. Where are you guys going?

#19 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:09 PM

Bad run? I got slaughtered in tour8 yesterday on the shootouts and I'm now back to 22 trophies.

I guess you could call it a bad run, but it's more like, "the swing meter raped me for an hour".
"Great Shot" after great shot doesn't usually win matches.

#20 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:59 AM

I doubt I’ve helped you at all Chrissy. But you and the others have definitely helped me. Thank you and enjoy your vacation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users