#22 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Honored Member

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • LocationLeicester, England

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:46 AM

Yeah they apparently fixed it.

So what's the new criteria. I'm due £20 from a couple of guys at work if I can prove to them that I'm at #1 before 24th Jan. (They didn't think I could do it).

I've lost a few and won a few  to get back to 5170 four times now, closed and restarted the app numerous times and the highest I can rank is 54th ? 

#23 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

So what's the new criteria. I'm due £20 from a couple of guys at work if I can prove to them that I'm at #1 before 24th Jan. (They didn't think I could do it).

I've lost a few and won a few  to get back to 5170 four times now, closed and restarted the app numerous times and the highest I can rank is 54th ? 

I can't figure it out.  There's nothing common about the stats of the current top 10.  Some with a ton of games played, some with only a few.  Some with win percentages in the high 60s, some barely over 50.  Some with multiple tournament wins, some with none.

#24 Shane

Shane

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:36 AM

I can't figure it out. There's nothing common about the stats of the current top 10. Some with a ton of games played, some with only a few. Some with win percentages in the high 60s, some barely over 50. Some with multiple tournament wins, some with none.

Yeah I can’t figure it out either it definitely changed since last night. They did something.

#25 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Honored Member

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

Yeah I can’t figure it out either it definitely changed since last night. They did something.

Worst timing ever from my point of view. I've got 11 days to figure it out and do something but it looks like it'll be difficult as the same guys have been up there for the best part of a day? which suggests that you only drop back when you lose maybe ? can't be ?

#26 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Worst timing ever from my point of view. I've got 11 days to figure it out and do something but it looks like it'll be difficult as the same guys have been up there for the best part of a day? which suggests that you only drop back when you lose maybe ? can't be ?

It seems like some type of glitch to me so hopefully they fix it.  I'd have no problem being well down the list if they figured out a way to put the people we all know are truly the best in the world at the top, but whatever system they are using now is just silly.  I've been trying to see where I'm at today, but I lost the last 3 games that would have put me back to the max and I'm tired of playing so I have no idea.

#27 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

Based on everything else Playdemic has done lately, the ranking criteria is probably how much you've spent, lol.

#28 Shane

Shane

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Based on everything else Playdemic has done lately, the ranking criteria is probably how much you've spent, lol.

If that were true then I’d be at the top for a very long time. Lol!!!

#29 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Honored Member

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

I'm not 100% yet but the best guess that I can come up with is that this is what they've implemented...

• When you hit 5170 you go to the back of the list of "Current" 5170's. I've landed at 79th, 58th, 54th & 3 times on the trot at 56th. 
  • You then remain there until you either lose a match or remain dormant for a certain amount of time, defined as "Current".
  • The amount of time that you are "Current" must be > 32 hours as that is roughly, (at time of writing) when the change must have been  implemented. We know this because when Scotty made it to 5170 for the 1st time about 40 hours a go, he went straight to Number One. I then observed Shane & Marko jump straight to number one later in the day but by yesterday afternoon as I was inching closer, I was checking the league regularly and I started to notice it stagnate. The same 10 were there the whole time I collected my last 100 trophies from Tour 4.
    Since that point, individuals have dropped out of the top 10 gradually but the top 5 have been there the whole time and still are.
  • The "Current" bracket must have a limit though as when I hit 5170 there were approx. 160 people at the top and I landed at 79th. Therefore my hypothesis is that approximately half of those 160 have been dormant for whatever that limit is.

If I'm right, this would mean that to get to Number 1 you'll need to not play for the length of time that is defined as "Current" ? or maybe play once and win every couple of days ?

If this is correct and they've done this intentionally, its a rubbish idea.

#30 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

If that were true then I’d be at the top for a very long time. Lol!!!

Lmao, OK then that's not it.

I'm not 100% yet but the best guess that I can come up with is that this is what they've implemented...

• When you hit 5170 you go to the back of the list of "Current" 5170's. I've landed at 79th, 58th, 54th & 3 times on the trot at 56th. 
  • You then remain there until you either lose a match or remain dormant for a certain amount of time, defined as "Current".
  • The amount of time that you are "Current" must be > 32 hours as that is roughly, (at time of writing) when the change must have been  implemented. We know this because when Scotty made it to 5170 for the 1st time about 40 hours a go, he went straight to Number One. I then observed Shane & Marko jump straight to number one later in the day but by yesterday afternoon as I was inching closer, I was checking the league regularly and I started to notice it stagnate. The same 10 were there the whole time I collected my last 100 trophies from Tour 4.
    Since that point, individuals have dropped out of the top 10 gradually but the top 5 have been there the whole time and still are.
  • The "Current" bracket must have a limit though as when I hit 5170 there were approx. 160 people at the top and I landed at 79th. Therefore my hypothesis is that approximately half of those 160 have been dormant for whatever that limit is.

If I'm right, this would mean that to get to Number 1 you'll need to not play for the length of time that is defined as "Current" ? or maybe play once and win every couple of days ?

If this is correct and they've done this intentionally, its a rubbish idea.

Now I'm more confused than ever haha. Whatever they are doing, it seems that those of us who have been playing have been slowly inching up. I was in the 60s yesterday and now at 47.

On a side note regarding your bet, why didn't you screenshot being at #1 when all you had to do was close and reopen the app?

#31 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Honored Member

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

Now I'm more confused than ever haha. Whatever they are doing, it seems that those of us who have been playing have been slowly inching up. I was in the 60s yesterday and now at 47.

As long as you don't lose, you would gradually inch up as people above you do and drop down. ? Still a theory at this point but it's the only thing that makes any sense to what I'm seeing.

On a side note regarding your bet, why didn't you screenshot being at #1 when all you had to do was close and reopen the app?

2 reasons.......

Firstly, it was a condition of the bet that I show them in the canteen at work, live. no screenshots.

Secondly, It seems that I got to 5170 just a couple of hours after they implemented the change!

#32 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:49 AM

We can exclude winning from the ranking criteria.  I didn't play for a few hours.  I opened the app and I went from 47th to 46th.  I played 4 games in tour 11 and won them all and stayed at 46th.

I don't think losing has anything to with it either because I've lost plenty of games since yesterday, but my ranking has yet to go down.

#33 Hornet

Hornet

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Thanks Kyle.  Will get the bankroll up and then try again.  Need enough cash to take some hits against the big guns (like yourself  :) ).

I'll let you know how I get on. 

This plateau I find myself on has actually started me thinking about starting a guest account.  Not really been interested in doing this before, but may be fun to get away from the daily Tour 9/10 grind.

Finally managed to get to 4000 trophies! :)

I am now maxed on all tours but tour 6.  So im now grinding away there to get trophy count up to 4170 (yes, im back to zero in tour 11 again!).

All my games last night in tour 6 (about a dozen) were against replays.  I guess its tough to find a match for a 4000 trophy count in a lower tour ?

Was happy enough playing replays.......until beaten twice in shootouts when I was 0.45 & 0.90 away!   Seriously PD, using those replays is a bit harsh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users