32 replies to this topic

#1 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationLeicester, England

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:12 AM

I just woke up to find our very own Scotty D at 5170 for the first time.

Well played fella'. I am truly inspired.

#2 editormanish

editormanish

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:38 AM

I just woke up to find our very own Scotty D at 5170 for the first time.

Well played fella'. I am truly inspired.

Kudos Scotty!!

#3 Kenny

Kenny

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

Well done buddy:

#4 ChrissyMac

ChrissyMac

Honored Member

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

Well played Scotty

#5 Hornet

Hornet

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, England

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

Well done!

Im finding it really hard to progress from the 3600-3800 range.   Dip my toes into tour 11 fairly regularly but always get up to around 200 trophies, them lose them all again on a losing streak.   Doesnt help getting matched against players with 1000-1500 more trophies than me, this I dont mind too much but I cant seem to progress playing these guys.

Went from 180mil to 90mil in the last 2 days :o  So no Tour 11 again until I recover this, not risking going bankrupt again!

Its a struggle.  I maxed out tours 1-10* with no problems but this tour has got me.     I feel like I may have reached my limit !

* When I say maxed, I mean have maxed.   To be accurate I currently need to re-max T6, T9 & T10 as have lost trophies in those since.

#6 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

Well done!

Im finding it really hard to progress from the 3600-3800 range.   Dip my toes into tour 11 fairly regularly but always get up to around 200 trophies, them lose them all again on a losing streak.   Doesnt help getting matched against players with 1000-1500 more trophies than me, this I dont mind too much but I cant seem to progress playing these guys.

Went from 180mil to 90mil in the last 2 days :o  So no Tour 11 again until I recover this, not risking going bankrupt again!

Its a struggle.  I maxed out tours 1-10* with no problems but this tour has got me.     I feel like I may have reached my limit !

* When I say maxed, I mean have maxed.   To be accurate I currently need to re-max T6, T9 & T10 as have lost trophies in those since.

This isn't going to make you feel any better but I've basically ran through & maxed Tour 11 in the last 10 - 12 days. that is after, like you, dipping my toe for months whilst struggling to complete Tour 10.

If you're still in the same boat next week, I'll share my notes with you. There's only one hole I haven't got a sure-fire plan on and I still need to write up some newer scribbles from my notepad. 

#7 Hornet

Hornet

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

Thanks Kyle.  Will get the bankroll up and then try again.  Need enough cash to take some hits against the big guns (like yourself  :) ).

I'll let you know how I get on. 

This plateau I find myself on has actually started me thinking about starting a guest account.  Not really been interested in doing this before, but may be fun to get away from the daily Tour 9/10 grind.

#8 HippieJimmy

HippieJimmy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:46 PM

👍⛳️

#9 embryjim

embryjim

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Congrats Scotty!  Nice Shot!  Well Played!  You're Good!

I too have been grinding in tour 11 for the past month but can only seem to get around 4500 trophies before I lose them all.  I just can't lock down all the shootout holes consistently.  Klefti I would love access to your notes if you are so inclined.

Onward and upward!

The one piece of advice I can offer (that people already know) is that you really should have plenty of coin so that you are not playing "scared".  It takes serious grindage to get that amount of coin but when you play without worrying about losing coins you don't get nearly as angry when you lose and consequently you play much better.

#10 dylangc

dylangc

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

No easy feat... Nice work!

#11 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1071 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

Klefti I would love access to your notes if you are so inclined.

No worries, I'll publish them once I've tidied them up a bit. 

just a thought but having Scotty to battle with this week really made a big difference for me.

I'm guessing that we're all of the competitive character type to be as obsessed with this game as we are and I for one certainly found it really pushed me on having someone to compare myself and compete with in the friends league.

Perhaps You and Carl could hook up, (so to speak) and see if it adds some incentive ?

#12 embryjim

embryjim

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

+1 on the competitive nature, I hate to lose.  I think PD has done a brilliant job of tapping into that.  Maybe Hornet and I can look into your suggestion.

#13 Hornet

Hornet

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

Whats your GC name embryjim ?   Any chance you are in the same bracket as Kyle, Scotty, Kenny and myself this week ?    

If I know your profile I can look out to see if we are ever in the same league and if so, have a little battle :)

Any others welcome too !    Good to see the Kyle/Scotty battle banter on here - lets get involved!

I use the same avatar as on here btw.

#14 embryjim

embryjim

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

@ Hornet, I'm not in your bracket this week

I have two accounts, both in tour 11 and around 4300-4400 trophies at the moment...

GC name - Lee - avatar of the head of a black and white dog

GC name - Bob - general silhouette outline

#15 Scotty D

Scotty D

Golf Clash Junkie

• Members
  • 1126 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

Wow, finally reached the pinnacle of this life-altering addiction we all share.   What a fun journey. 

Thanks for all of the kind words. 

Kyle, I know for sure that having you hot on my heels pushed me to make it happen.  I had made some progress prior to this week, but never felt motivated to plow through it at this rate. I had planned on racing Shane to the top, but he got a great head start and never looked back.

I had tried to get through T11 using an EM8 originally, the distance was great in certain conditions.  But the lack of backspin and low accuracy just kept me from progressing.  Once I switched back to Thor 4 I seemed to find the groove.  Sure, there are times when I'm out-gunned, but usually not enough to make or break a hole.  If so, I learn from the loss and push forward with more knowledge of the course.

I'll probably let it soak in for a day or two, then continue the grind over the weekend to see if I can catch up to Kyle!

XTqFoyvl.png

OqBvu1Rl.png

#16 Scotty D

Scotty D

Golf Clash Junkie

• Members
  • 1126 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:14 PM

The shootout that sealed the deal:

Oq7U1shl.png

#17 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1022 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:14 PM

Congrats Scotty. Great feeling when grinding a tour something “clicks” and you find that groove.

#18 embryjim

embryjim

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

The shootout that sealed the deal:

Oq7U1shl.png

I think this says it all.. with margins like this if you don't master the shootout holes you're sunk.  Which is where I am right now.

Edited by embryjim, 12 January 2018 - 05:21 PM.

#19 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:46 AM

XTqFoyvl.png

Is your app still allowing you to momentarily be ranked first globally every time you completely close out the app and reopen it?  Mine always did, but right now it's placing me around 60th each time.  I wonder if there's new ranking criteria.  I'm using the iOS version.

#20 Shane

Shane

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:59 AM

Yeah they apparently fixed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users