Tour 7 choices

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Bdun111

Bdun111

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:00 AM

For tour 7 which of each would be the better choice, the one listed first is the one i would currently use.
THOR 2 OR EM 6
SNIPER 6 OR BD 5
GOLIATH 6 OR BB8 OR SATURN 8
THORN 5 OR RUNNER 8, HORNET 2
SKEWER 7, FF 3, DART 8
RAZOR 5, NIRVANA 3
SAND LIZARD 7 OR MALIBU 5

#2 Jak65

Jak65

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1219 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:11 AM

It’s all what you’re comfortable with. I think all are ok my preference is EM, SNIPER, BB, THORN, DART, RAZOR, MALIBU. Could go BD at those levels though

#3 dylangc

dylangc

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

EM6 for distance off the middle tees, and I would also suggest giving the Guardian a shot at level 4 or above... massive backspin can win the tour 7 and 8 shootouts.

#4 Bdun111

Bdun111

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the help. I currently have a Guardian but it is only at level 1.

#5 dylangc

dylangc

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

Tough call, because I would expect that you will lose a lot of shootouts to people with better Guardians or high level Snipers.  You can give the Sniper a shot and just use KM/Titans for the holes where you need some extra distance.

I'm very conservative (I don't like to lose :-), so I spent some time to grind my Guardian up to level 5 on tour 6 before tackling tour 7.  On my guest account I recently jumped into tour 7 with a Guardian 4 and it is perfectly adequate if you know how to play the holes (you can get a good refresher of the basic holes by playing tour 2, of course, but keep in mind the shoot outs play differently because from the middle tees you'll be shooting with a wood instead of a long iron).  Level 4 only requires 35 cards, so you'll likely get there in a couple of weeks playing tours 5 and 6.

YMMV; there are lots of sniper fans out there that will say I'm crazy to love the guardian.

#6 editormanish

editormanish

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

It will a question of Wood club.

Well I started playing T7 with my L2 guardian. It will fall short in some shootouts, so you will have to play with either quasars or navs for added distance. Once you hit L4, you can play with Basic ball or marlins max. So I would suggest collecting some cards and Lvl up your guardian.

I found Guardian to be more suitable for T7 than sniper.

#7 Cedarberry

Cedarberry

Honored Member

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

Used TH2 on tour 7and 8, little over pwr here and there, but I'm progressing with it. I do have HH4 backing up the TH2.

This is the bag I'm currently playing in tour7/8

https://www.flickr.c...5562@N03/17JUK2

#8 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

Used TH2 on tour 7and 8, little over pwr here and there, but I'm progressing with it. I do have HH4 backing up the TH2.

How does the HH4 work out on Sakura Hills Hole5 shoot out? That is the only hole my Sniper8 just don’t cut the mustard.

#9 Cedarberry

Cedarberry

Honored Member

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

My

How does the HH4 work out on Sakura Hills Hole5 shoot out? That is the only hole my Sniper8 just don’t cut the mustard.

I approach from the far right, aiming for the rough, next to the bunker. topspin based on wind direction, spin left, max curl left. I'm not hitting any HIO, but I'm winning the SOs, most guys go long and the ball rolls long. I'm able to get pin high on most attempts.

Insure plenty of room with the big curl, or bunker bound. Also watch for any slight headwinds in the wind direction, will carry you to the fringe and then you bounce right on past the green.

Somewhat tricky in a big side wind, but the HH curl working well.

#10 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

My

I approach from the far right, aiming for the rough, next to the bunker. topspin based on wind direction, spin left, max curl left. I'm not hitting any HIO, but I'm winning the SOs, most guys go long and the ball rolls long. I'm able to get pin high on most attempts.
Insure plenty of room with the big curl, or bunker bound. Also watch for any slight headwinds in the wind direction, will carry you to the fringe and then you bounce right on past the green.
Somewhat tricky in a big side wind, but the HH curl working well.

I’ve used this similar approach with my sniper. It works well when I adjust the wind perfect. Otherwise, as you say to little, bunker, to much, over the green. I might win 1 out 4 shootouts. I guess I haven’t got the wind ring method down pat with the curl and spin factored in with such a small margin of error. I have a guardian6, but have never used it???

Edited by HipKip, 04 January 2018 - 07:12 PM.

#11 Bdun111

Bdun111

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:14 PM

Thanks for the help and in response to dylang (sp?), yes I lose more than win on the shootouts, guess yoor response is correct.

#12 Bdun111

Bdun111

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

Sorry for rambling, but how do I know or tell what tee box the hole will be playing from?

#13 Bdun111

Bdun111

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

To clarify, the tee position is different in shootout holes on the same tour as regular holes and or do the regular holes on every tour change tee box location as tour goes higher?

#14 dylangc

dylangc

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

Tours 1-6 always tee off from the near tees (both for the hole + shootout).

Tours 7-11 always tee off from the middle tees (both for the hole + shootout).

Rookie Tournaments always tee off from the near tees (both for the hole + shootout).

Pro/Expert Tournaments always tee off from the middle tees (both for the hole + shootout).

Masters Tournaments always tee off from the far tees (both for the hole + shootout).

#15 Cedarberry

Cedarberry

Honored Member

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:37 PM

I’ve used this similar approach with my sniper. It works well when I adjust the wind perfect. Otherwise, as you say to little, bunker, to much, over the green. I might win 1 out 4 shootouts. I guess I haven’t got the wind ring method down pat with the curl and spin factored in with such a small margin of error. I have a guardian6, but have never used it???

Have a guardian6 myself, used it at lvl4 for the first Halloween tourney, haven't touched it since then. The lack of top spin kills it for me, there's to many holes were I need topspin and curl to get down the course.

Using a lot of spin along with max curl and then hitting it with the wind, the shot picks up quite a bit of speed, at least two rings. Katana or the Santa ball and it really moves out.

Had 9.5 mph left side wind this am on that hole we were discussing, even a bit of headwind in it, ended up 4ft behind the pin. Added 2.5 rings to normal adjustment to the shot, did t look like it would ever have a chance, just missed going in bunker by a ft maybe, it was close.

About two weeks ago I went to tour 3 and just practiced massive spin/curl combos with a few different balls. Just to get a handle on how the ball flys. Santa/katana shots appeared to almost spin back to the hole in a u shape a few times, when going past. Was crazy looking.

11/12 mph winds I can't even imagine how far the ball will fly past intended target, has to be huge.

#16 Algebra Teacher

Algebra Teacher

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

What are the stats on the HH4? I can't find anything online atm.

#17 Cedarberry

Cedarberry

Honored Member

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

https://www.flickr.c...5562@N03/PmTJ4C

#18 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Check this out for starters.
https://docs.google....C2tok/htmlview#

#19 Algebra Teacher

Algebra Teacher

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

Thanks guys.

#20 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:01 PM

Have a guardian6 myself, used it at lvl4 for the first Halloween tourney, haven't touched it since then. The lack of top spin kills it for me, there's to many holes were I need topspin and curl to get down the course.
Using a lot of spin along with max curl and then hitting it with the wind, the shot picks up quite a bit of speed, at least two rings. Katana or the Santa ball and it really moves out.
Had 9.5 mph left side wind this am on that hole we were discussing, even a bit of headwind in it, ended up 4ft behind the pin. Added 2.5 rings to normal adjustment to the shot, did t look like it would ever have a chance, just missed going in bunker by a ft maybe, it was close.
About two weeks ago I went to tour 3 and just practiced massive spin/curl combos with a few different balls. Just to get a handle on how the ball flys. Santa/katana shots appeared to almost spin back to the hole in a u shape a few times, when going past. Was crazy looking.
11/12 mph winds I can't even imagine how far the ball will fly past intended target, has to be huge.

I use the quasar mostly. I will have to do some testing in lower tour with it. Great info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users