Christmas Opening Round.....

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:11 PM

Well, Pro debut still going. I was hoping to match my -11 opener twice, but couldn't, really screwed the pooch on a few holes. -22 leaders, I'm 12th @ -20. I hope to get back in the groove for final round. It looks like -16 will be the cut off in my group also by the time it finishes.

IMG_0291.PNG

#122 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

For you pro/expert tourney players, here’s hole #1 strategy that shows the spin adjustments. Unfortunately the masters tee is a totally different angle so I can’t use this, but maybe you guys can benefit tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/lfWHFrHQBOA

Edited by Sonicblast12, 22 December 2017 - 10:19 PM.

#123 embryjim

embryjim

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:26 PM

Couldn't get anything to fall on my at account in expert, -21.  Had a birdie chip on 11 literally circle the hole twice and then lip out, meh.

#124 Kenny

Kenny

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

For you pro/expert tourney players, here’s hole #1 strategy that shows the spin adjustments. Unfortunately the masters tee is a totally different angle so I can’t use this, but maybe you guys can benefit tomorrow.https://youtu.be/lfWHFrHQBOA

Like that play, lands on a flat area. Will try tomorrow.

#125 OughtOught

OughtOught

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:46 PM

I shot a -19 on my rookie account (still in top 10). I hit every drive perfect and had the shot, but either over or under hit the BD and missed 4 greens and ended up in the sand and could not make the chip in. I started with a HOI so I am incouraged for the weekend round. I used a QB8 on every hole and it did excellent better curl and accuracy.

Edited by OughtOught, 22 December 2017 - 10:47 PM.

#126 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:53 PM

Getting annoyed. Trying to practice 2nd shots today and it’s gale force headwinds all day long. No help whatsoever.

#127 Marten

Marten

Honored Member

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:00 AM

It was full o/p. there's a bit of a glitch in the replay because my battery warning popped up on my back swing.
I did the old 'second-finger-OK-click' without letting go fortunately but it looks like I took some power off as a result.

Mighty good round by the way. Hope you've not used up all your hole-outs before the weekend, (unless you're in my league of course.)

Thanks. Hope so too. And as Gunde Svan said the more I practise the more luck I have. Lol

Finally did one btw :)

https://youtu.be/R4XKsDpoRQM

#128 Fabioloneilboia

Fabioloneilboia

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

Good -21 in master, bad front nine with -9, great back nine with -12.
11th in my group, first at -24.
Good luck for the final.

610_DBACE_FBC7_4_C13_A110_96350_C297614.
free image hosting

#129 Kevgolf58

Kevgolf58

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:50 AM

The scoring is the same everywhere. This is a real jumpball tourney. So, like a good little addict, I played both guest and main. Was leading a rookie set at -20, and fouled out the main, shooting 17 under. Right in the middle so far. Made a mistake bringing my em8 out in place of the th4 I prepped with. Too many drives finding rough to have a chance....

#130 golfreak12

golfreak12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1096 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:31 AM

4vWKwTK.png?1

This would suck if this was the final cause both can easily be 1st place.

Hope I can get at least -23. Should easily be top 5.

The only 2 holes that I can see getting an extra -1 is the 5th and 8th hole.

- The 5th hole. With a good drive, I have a hornet going at the hole and I get super close every time. Just a matter of getting lucky. I've eagled this hole 3 times already.

- The 8th hole. If you know where to aim, it gets close every time but I still have not HIO this hole yet. I have HIO the other 2 PAR 3 but that was just luck.

I don't see any other hole I can get an extra -1 except for just pure luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users