Photo

Need advice on equipment to play Pro division in tournament?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JohnQ

JohnQ

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

I've been playing for almost 2 months, ended up top 10 in the last 3 tournaments playing Rookie division.

I'm considering playing the Pro division in the next tournament but not sure if I have adequate equipment to play the longer tee.

I've got mostly useless cards from the Winter tournament and weekly division chest for clubs that I don't use (Rocket, QB, GrimR, Appache, Runner, Darts, Firefly, desertstorm, ...)

In my bag, I currently have Apoc1/EM5, Sniper6/Guardian4, Backbone7/Grizzly3/Saturn5, Thorn5/Hornet4

Are these clubs good enough to play the longer tee in the Pro division?

Thanks

Edited by JohnQ, 12 December 2017 - 04:16 PM.

#2 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

Plenty good enough. Remember, you’re actually playing the course not the other players. Just make your birdies and eagles and don’t make major mistakes.

#3 JohnQ

JohnQ

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:58 PM

Plenty good enough. Remember, you’re actually playing the course not the other players. Just make your birdies and eagles and don’t make major mistakes.

Thanks, I'll try the Pro this time.  

#4 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:59 PM

What is your rough iron/sand wedge?

#5 JohnQ

JohnQ

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

What is your rough iron/sand wedge?

I was very fortunate to get the Nirvana (1) last week.  For sand sedge, I'm using a Malibu4.

I really like the sniper and I used it exclusively in tour 5 & 6, but when I got to Tour 7 & 8, I find the guardian more useful in many shoot-out situations.

Which fairway wood is more useful for tour 9?  sniper or guardian?

Edited by JohnQ, 12 December 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#6 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

I was very fortunate to get the Nirvana (1) last week. For sand sedge, I'm using a Malibu4.

I really like the sniper and I used it exclusively in tour 5 & 6, but when I got to Tour 7 & 8, I find the guardian more useful in many shoot-out situations.
Which fairway wood is more useful for tour 9? sniper or guardian?

I was the guardians greatest fan but after advice on here to try the sniper on tour9 I gave it a go. Not much difference on normal play but the sniper accuracy makes quite a difference on the shootout when 1.0 is the difference between a win and a loss.IMO.

Edited by Adrian47, 12 December 2017 - 07:57 PM.

#7 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

You can get by with the guardian on tour 8, but tour 9 is sniper territory.

#8 JohnQ

JohnQ

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

You can get by with the guardian on tour 8, but tour 9 is sniper territory.

I was the guardians greatest fan but after advice on here to try the sniper on tour9 I gave it a go. Not much difference on normal play but the sniper accuracy makes quite a difference on the shootout when 1.0 is the difference between a win and a loss.IMO.

Thanks!

#9 ChrissyMac

ChrissyMac

Honored Member

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:42 PM

I've been playing for almost 2 months, ended up top 10 in the last 3 tournaments playing Rookie division.

I'm considering playing the Pro division in the next tournament but not sure if I have adequate equipment to play the longer tee.

I've got mostly useless cards from the Winter tournament and weekly division chest for clubs that I don't use (Rocket, QB, GrimR, Appache, Runner, Darts, Firefly, desertstorm, ...)

In my bag, I currently have Apoc1/EM5, Sniper6/Guardian4, Backbone7/Grizzly3/Saturn5, Thorn5/Hornet4
Are these clubs good enough to play the longer tee in the Pro division?

Thanks

Hi John. Your clubs are very similar to mine and I've been able to compete in Pro and Expert. It does take a while getting used to the longer tees, but if you are playing tour 7 and above it really shouldn't be a problem. The best advice I would give anybody is go for accuracy over distance, especially with your irons and wedges. No matter how good you are, you will be needing to chip in for a good tournament score. Oh, and upgrade your Sniper as soon as you can (best club in the game)

Edited by ChrissyMac, 12 December 2017 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users