• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 IceQ

IceQ

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

Just lost game 19 in a row. Majority from players higher than me, not usually a problem. Lost just over 500k, now down to last 10k and getting seriously p*ssed with game. My main gripe is the wind and putting. Wind seems to over exaggerate my shots, beyond usual. Make allowances as you do and even with perfect hit it either does nothing or pulls shot way out of sync. I must have lipped 9 or 10 putts, not one has sunk. Opposition seems to be able to make putts from anywhere on green with the worst shots I have seen. Shoot outs are a joke, so I won't go there. Am I missing something (ability to play this game) excluded. Has anyone else been there. Is this something in the game to encourage you to spend more money to keep playing? Let me know.

#2 dylangc

dylangc

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:16 PM

Streaking is a common phenomenon; you can search here on the forum and you'll find several discussions on this exact topic.

It's frequently questioned whether the game is trying to make more money from you by giving you more difficult conditions / match-ups at certain times.  The general consensus is that you get a few losses and then you start making mistakes that compound the problem and lead to more losses and frustration, making the cycle worse.

Best mitigating strategy is to put the game down for some time and come back to it an hour or a day later when you're relaxed and can start somewhat fresh.  Some people find that playing an alternate account can help get your confidence back and put you in the right mindset.

Playing matches that you feel you must win (i.e. playing Tour 5 with only a 10k bankroll) is not recommended.

#3 IceQ

IceQ

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

Thanks Dylan, will give it a rest for a day or so. Have played a few games on my sons account and play pretty good, win a few, lose a few. Just wondered if my main account was jinxed.

#4 Cedarberry

Cedarberry

Honored Member

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:19 PM

Nope not jinxed, many of us have been through epic losing streaks. I won't say that the game is fixed, it challenges you against stiffer competition, you will face a murders row of heavy hitters from time to time and it will definitely take you outta your game.

Once you lose your composure, it's down hill from there. You can weather the storm, and don't get emotional. Or watch tv or something for a bit. I well know the feeling, but you will get used to it, part of the game.

#5 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1229 posts
  • LocationLeicester, England

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:11 AM

Just lost game 19 in a row. Majority from players higher than me, not usually a problem. Lost just over 500k, now down to last 10k and getting seriously p*ssed with game. My main gripe is the wind and putting. Wind seems to over exaggerate my shots, beyond usual. Make allowances as you do and even with perfect hit it either does nothing or pulls shot way out of sync. I must have lipped 9 or 10 putts, not one has sunk. Opposition seems to be able to make putts from anywhere on green with the worst shots I have seen. Shoot outs are a joke, so I won't go there. Am I missing something (ability to play this game) excluded. Has anyone else been there. Is this something in the game to encourage you to spend more money to keep playing? Let me know.

G'day IceQ,

Rest assured you are not alone. Almost everyone on here has a story to tell of a long losing streak that dwindles their coinage.

I went from 50,000,000 coins to 12,000 in 5 days from  h e l l   back in September but I got back on the horse and worked my way back surpassing my original position in the following month.

I can assure you that the wind is not misbehaving, there will just be nuances that you've not yet factored into your adjustments. there have been many calling foul on this forum over the last year, and as yet, I've not seen a video that can't be explained. there are a bunch of very good players on here who know there onions and are always happy to help with such things. I've learnt a lot in this way.

Regarding your putting, all I can recommend is that you focus on the power of your putts. If you concentrate on placing your aim-line only just past the hole, you will find it a lot more forgiving as the ball will drop in either side of perfect if it is at dead weight. Additionally, try favouring the high side of the hole. Again a miss-hit on the high side will generally drop if the pace is right.

Don't know what  your shoot-out gripe is but this is where you need to concentrate. Perfecting the shootout holes on each tour is key to progression. 

Trust me, the game is not out to get you, but it does require strategy if you want to get through. As Dylan & cedar have said, managing your coins is key, not risking too much of your bankroll in an individual match and if your losing, take a break to avoid going on Tilt.

Edited by Klefticuf, 08 December 2017 - 12:12 AM.

#6 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:20 AM

Went from 30 million, to 9 coins, and now currently at 79 million in less than a month.

Once it stops being fun, put it down. Don’t be afraid to lose trophies on lower tours to get your swing back, that’s the mistake I made and went broke. Much easier to get trophies back than it is to get coins back.

You’ll see a lot of threads on bankroll management, but it doesn’t matter how much you have if you’re not hitting your shots where you want them. Go practice beginner and work on hole outs and getting shootouts to less than a yard.

#7 IceQ

IceQ

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:50 AM

Thanks to everyone that has replied. Will take everything on board and give it a day or so before I get back on the horse.

#8 JohnQ

JohnQ

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

Just lost game 19 in a row. Majority from players higher than me, not usually a problem. Lost just over 500k, now down to last 10k and getting seriously p*ssed with game....

IceQ, happened to me a few weeks ago when I was Rookie 2, I had a great winning record (over 80%) from start to Rookie 2 and built up a good size coin bank, then 1 night I just kept loosing game after game until I went bankrupt.

After you loose too many games, you're starting to panic, you loose your focus and make a lot of mistakes, taking chances when you're not supposed to, and will just keep loosing. 

Since then I have a rule for myself to stop playing for the day after loosing 3 in a row, just close the game and walk away.  Come back the next day all fresh and gain back all the lost coins.  Ever since I follow this rule, my coins count has been steadily increasing, just got promoted to Pro 1 this week and over 10,000,000 coins in the bank, I'm happy with that.

Trust me, this rule works, cap yourself at 3 losses in a row (for the day) and you'll never go bankrupt. 

Also don't jump into a new Tour just because it opens up, make sure you have adequate equipment before playing it,  I also stop playing a new Tour if I loose 2 in a row, mostly due to lack of experience on the new holes and inferior equipment.  

#9 QYN

QYN

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

I usually give myself a 4 game losing streak before I put her down lol. Listen to these guys Ice. I figure I'm still a pretty average golfer on a good day and I've learned so many tips and techniques from these guys. Great advice!

#10 JimmyDaria

JimmyDaria

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

I know the feeling. That’s how the game operates. You lose, then a coins-purchase opportunity pops up. They want your money, plain and simple. If you lose few games in a row, just shut it down and take a break. Don’t get frustrated or anger as this will compound your loses. Come back again and try it out.

Just today, I was on a winning streak then in a shootout, I lined up my Turkey ball perfectly but it landed in a bunker even though I had zeroed in my shot perfectly on the fairway with 0.5 head wind. I knew the game wanted to kill my winning streak. So I shut it down and NO I didn’t buy coins from the pop up purchase offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users