What drives you crazy?

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#41 ChiefTurningBull

ChiefTurningBull

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:37 PM

Drivers who don't indicate, especially on a roundabout.  Tailgating when I'm going 5km over the speed limit.  Re-heating fish in the office microwave.

#42 cursal

cursal

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:29 PM

Losing

#43 Shang1308

Shang1308

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:13 AM

When my wife calls me in the middle of a game! Then calls back after I ignore it! 😤

I’ve lost so many matches because my wife calls me. Just text like normal people!!

#44 Abrunn1133

Abrunn1133

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:23 AM

In order;

1. Not having the Apocalypse, either via a chest, or in the store, after getting every trophy in levels 1-9.

2. People who say "Good Game" after they have a bad shot, even though the game is clearly not over.

3. The 30% of the people that play this game that are total d-bags.   How miserable must your life be if you feel the need to be a jerk all the time?

#45 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:26 AM

I used to hate people that would pull off impossible huge distance shots with the spitfire when I was sure the game was over. Now I’m one of them.

#46 Jak65

Jak65

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1056 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:31 AM

3. The 30% of the people that play this game that are total d-bags.   How miserable must your life be if you feel the need to be a jerk all the time?

How can you tell your opponent is a d-bag?

#47 Abrunn1133

Abrunn1133

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

How can you tell your opponent is a d-bag?

Seriously?  Spamming emojis, You're Good, Thanks, Oops.....   The dude that pulls out the KM on level 3 with his Apoc and talks s*** when I have my EM4 and basic ball.   

They are not difficult to spot, at all.

#48 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:38 AM

I have another one.

My opponent tees off first and hits their drive OB or in the water hazard. I tee off and try to play it safe and do THE EXACT SAME THING.

Edited by Sonicblast12, 06 December 2017 - 03:39 AM.

#49 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

I've got one.

Here lately, since the tournament started...on my Alt. acct, I can win about 95% of the time.
My main acct, I can't hit the wide side of a barn with an elephant.

#50 Jak65

Jak65

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1056 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

Seriously?  Spamming emojis, You're Good, Thanks, Oops.....   The dude that pulls out the KM on level 3 with his Apoc and talks s*** when I have my EM4 and basic ball.   

spamming emojis - perfectly allowable otherwise they wouldn't be there.  You have the option to ignore them, and he can't use them while you're shooting.

You're allowed to use whatever ball you like on any tour, with any club, regardless of what your opponent is playing.

there is nothing in the emoji list that is "talking s***" that I've ever seen.

Still not following.

#51 Abrunn1133

Abrunn1133

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:31 PM

spamming emojis - perfectly allowable otherwise they wouldn't be there.  You have the option to ignore them, and he can't use them while you're shooting.

You're allowed to use whatever ball you like on any tour, with any club, regardless of what your opponent is playing.

there is nothing in the emoji list that is "talking s***" that I've ever seen.

Still not following.

I do not get where this is coming from.   This is what drives ME crazy, certainly YOU do not need to agree with it.  

#52 ChrissyMac

ChrissyMac

Honored Member

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

I do not get where this is coming from. This is what drives ME crazy, certainly YOU do not need to agree with it.

Let's just say that this topic has come up more than a few times before, with plenty of views on either side. You are of course allowed your own opinion.

#53 AJe421

AJe421

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

Let's just say that this topic has come up more than a few times before, with plenty of views on either side. You are of course allowed your own opinion.

I think what he’s getting at...similar to when grey paw tried telling me my gripe was pointless. The post is titled “what drives you crazy”, not “what drives you crazy, but only post it if everyone else is also driven crazy by it”

#54 ChrissyMac

ChrissyMac

Honored Member

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

I think what he’s getting at...similar to when grey paw tried telling me my gripe was pointless. The post is titled “what drives you crazy”, not “what drives you crazy, but only post it if everyone else is also driven crazy by it”

Absolutely, half the things people have said have either not affected me or I have not experienced myself, but it doesn't stop them being annoying to someone else.

#55 AJe421

AJe421

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

Here’s one, just had this practicing T10. Been tweaking shots, working on my HIO to pick up some extra strokes. Nailed the smaller funnel one (hole 8). I get the eye roll as if I lucked into it, instead of been practicing for hours. Then, with same exact wind conditions this guy sets up an entirely different shot and loses.

How about if you see someone do something different from the norm and ace it, maybe try to replicate it? what do you have to lose at that point

Edited by AJe421, 06 December 2017 - 06:09 PM.

#56 JohnQ

JohnQ

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

I agree with you, I ran to a few of them.

For example, when you slipped and hit OB on your drive, the d-bags are the ones that put up the perfect hand gesture follows by continuous spamming of crying face, so childish and totally unsportmanship.  

#57 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

I had someone I was rematching with on 5, just practicing shootout lines and strategy and they kept hitting me with “fore!” and shocked faces when I was taking unusual lines, and then the ok sign when I lined it up the way they wanted.

There needs to be a “chill, this match means nothing to me I’m just experimenting” button. I like playing replays on tournament courses because they almost always have amazing shootouts which helps me find the proper strategy to get it in the hole.

#58 snerd

snerd

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:36 AM

******************in’ in the wind,
Bettin’ On a losin’ friend.......

#59 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

Question for all the emoji spam haters.

Is it considered emoji spam if:
I give you a compliment on every good shot you make (minus the F' ups),
tell you well played, good game, and thanks after the round, before requesting a rematch?

#60 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

Well I have a new one. When you’re forced to go first and your opponent copies every shot, every spin and wind adjustment you make down the whole course, then also gets to go 2nd on the shootout and makes a small tweak based on your mistake to beat you by a yard. 3 holes in a row, same guy. Awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users