What drives you crazy?

• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#321 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

Could be. I see a lot of the same players all the time and its amazing how poorly their trophy counts represent their skill level. Pretty much anyone who has 2000 trophies or more would easily have 5170 trophies if they had level 6 epics and played with nothing but KMs. I've played guys dozens of times and they've never used less than a KM once. They're not good players. They're just obsessed with staying at 5170 so people think that they are.

If anyone thought I was exaggerating, I recently played this "master" who bought every epic to level 6 and plays with only KMs.  No decent finishes in over 15 tournaments, never playing above the pro level, so he didn't win these epics.  He is now close to maxing out the 5170 trophies, if he hasn't already done so in the past.

oijoi.png

#322 MarkP

MarkP

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:09 PM

OMG! Had to stop for today! Stevie Wonder could beat me the way I am playing LOL  :lol:  :lol:

#323 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:54 AM

If anyone thought I was exaggerating, I recently played this "master" who bought every epic to level 6 and plays with only KMs.  No decent finishes in over 15 tournaments, never playing above the pro level, so he didn't win these epics.  He is now close to maxing out the 5170 trophies, if he hasn't already done so in the past.

oijoi.png

That’s crazy? He could loan me half his coinage though!

#324 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:29 AM

That’s crazy? He could loan me half his coinage though!

I was pointing out the absurdity of assuming that someone who has 5170 trophies is good, using this guy as an example. If the "5170 club" was an accurate representation of the game's best players, it wouldn't include someone who can't even win half his games with superior clubs and balls over 99% of his opponents and who's never even played an expert or masters tournament. I had stated that anyone good enough to reach 2000 trophies without buying their clubs is already good enough to reach 5170 with all level 6 epic clubs and an endless supply of KMs and this guy is proof. Now take that guy Zachary that people were discussing here the other day who has all level 7 epics, but plays tour 11 with basic balls... he's GOOD!

...and this guy doesn't have all those coins to lend you, that's just his earnings. He probably has very few of them sitting in his account.

#325 HippieJimmy

HippieJimmy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:46 AM

I’ll be honest with you, 123-
I still haven’t made the summit so I’m not ready to play “social” matches in tour 11. I’m no higher than 4600 ever.
Played a guy just before, who took out a titan, so I did the same. Both of us tied the hole so it went to shoot out. I get to go first and it’s Southern Pines 3b with a 7.5 NE wind. I use my sniper 10 with a slight bit of backspin, full right spin and a little right curl. I am about 3 yards out west of the hole. Well since the winds are almost identical, guess who gets to use the same ball, the same club and adjust so he can be just that much closer than I am? You got it, I lost by a yard because of that. So, with bull$h!t like this happening while I’m trying to max at 5170, I’m pretty sure that I’d be taking the kingmaker to your basic ball Until I actually hit 5170. Then all bets are off and I will play however my opponent does

Edited by HippieJimmy, 15 February 2018 - 03:49 AM.

#326 HipKip

HipKip

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:02 AM

I was pointing out the absurdity of assuming that someone who has 5170 trophies is good, using this guy as an example. If the "5170 club" was an accurate representation of the game's best players, it wouldn't include someone who can't even win half his games with superior clubs and balls over 99% of his opponents and who's never even played an expert or masters tournament. I had stated that anyone good enough to reach 2000 trophies without buying their clubs is already good enough to reach 5170 with all level 6 epic clubs and an endless supply of KMs and this guy is proof. Now take that guy Zachary that people were discussing here the other day who has all level 7 epics, but plays tour 11 with basic balls... he's GOOD!

...and this guy doesn't have all those coins to lend you, that's just his earnings. He probably has very few of them sitting in his account.

I get the whole thing, and I’m sure you’re right about the coins. Maybe I should just wish I had half of that amount in coinage. Lol! I’ll get there, takes nothing but time and a whole lot of effort.

#327 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:22 AM

What drove me crazy tonight was forfeiting a game to some A-hole named Jeremy and him thinking it was because I didn't have the great balls he did or that I thought he would win.

I tee off a titan with my Apo 5 with a big tailwind on the tour 11 par 4 below and put it a few feet short of the greenside trap in a very makeable spot.

Then A-hole and his Apo 6 pulls out a berzerker and like I usually do, I forfeited during his backswing which is my way of saying that "if you need coins that bad champ, here you go".

A-hole responds with "unlucky" as if I can't match his collection of superior balls. No A-hole, I'm giving you 10 million coins because you're pathetic, not because I'm unlucky. I have coins to spare and I currently have 28 packs of berzerkers and 15 packs of snow globes which I choose to never play in 1v1s as a showing of gamesmanship.

hvoh.png oponp.png

Edited by wontootree, 15 February 2018 - 04:26 AM.

#328 Heb

Heb

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:25 AM

When I line up a shot with 10 crosswind, adjust for the wind, hit the ball perfectly, and watch it fly absolutely straight with no, or minuscule wind effect.

Especially when my opponent follows, sets up identically, and get s correctly blown back to within inches of the hole.

#329 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:34 AM

I’ll be honest with you, 123-
I still haven’t made the summit so I’m not ready to play “social” matches in tour 11. I’m no higher than 4600 ever.
Played a guy just before, who took out a titan, so I did the same. Both of us tied the hole so it went to shoot out. I get to go first and it’s Southern Pines 3b with a 7.5 NE wind. I use my sniper 10 with a slight bit of backspin, full right spin and a little right curl. I am about 3 yards out west of the hole. Well since the winds are almost identical, guess who gets to use the same ball, the same club and adjust so he can be just that much closer than I am? You got it, I lost by a yard because of that. So, with bull$h!t like this happening while I’m trying to max at 5170, I’m pretty sure that I’d be taking the kingmaker to your basic ball Until I actually hit 5170. Then all bets are off and I will play however my opponent does

I get the whole thing, and I’m sure you’re right about the coins. Maybe I should just wish I had half of that amount in coinage. Lol! I’ll get there, takes nothing but time and a whole lot of effort.

If your guys' avatars you use during gameplay are on here somewhere, let me know and I'll toss you some coins if we get matched up. I don't hoard them. And like I keep saying, my venting here is always about very good players with level 6 and 7 epics who play a classless style, not the guys climbing their way to the top.

#330 HippieJimmy

HippieJimmy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:40 AM

Thank you for the offer. I’m ok with coins, usually hovering between 270 and 400 million. Can you donate cups? Lol

So if I’m on tour 11 and I see that Jerry pic with Angie Jolie and I go first, I’ll line up a basic for sure.

#331 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1022 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:45 AM

Every Jeremy I’ve played on this game is a jerk-off.

#332 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1022 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:47 AM

When I line up a shot with 10 crosswind, adjust for the wind, hit the ball perfectly, and watch it fly absolutely straight with no, or minuscule wind effect.

Especially when my opponent follows, sets up identically, and get s correctly blown back to within inches of the hole.

Normally I chuckle at posts like this but I swear the same thing happened to me tonight on a shootout in 11. 10.5 crosswind and the wind didn’t seem to touch it.

#333 Heb

Heb

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:53 AM

Normally I chuckle at posts like this but I swear the same thing happened to me tonight on a shootout in 11. 10.5 crosswind and the wind didn’t seem to touch it.

It's not so often but it absolutely does happen occasionally. I've seen it happen to my opponent as well.

#334 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

Here's something that sux.

I maxed out my Backbone, and now it seems like every chest I open, has BB cards in it.

Where the he|| were those cards a month or two ago?!

#335 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:42 PM

Oh man... definitely a pita.

#336 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

Thank you for the offer. I’m ok with coins, usually hovering between 270 and 400 million. Can you donate cups? Lol

So if I’m on tour 11 and I see that Jerry pic with Angie Jolie and I go first, I’ll line up a basic for sure.

I made that stupid avatar in 2008 when I joined FB and never changed it, lol. I look forward to some basic ball games with you.

#337 Templeowl87

Templeowl87

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted Today, 04:10 PM

I love the 1 hopper hole out from the fairway by your opponent. If the shot does not go in the hole it likely bounces off the green. Especially irritating when you clearly outplay the opponent and lose in the garbage mogul hole shootout in tour 8.

#338 wontootree

wontootree

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted Today, 04:47 PM

I love the 1 hopper hole out from the fairway by your opponent. If the shot does not go in the hole it likely bounces off the green. Especially irritating when you clearly outplay the opponent and lose in the garbage mogul hole shootout in tour 8.

Or when their approach shot goes whizzing by the hole, missing it by an inch wide, and they say "close" or "unlucky". It wasn't going in even if it had hit the hole pal. Speaking of "unlucky", i don't like anytime someone says it and they are talking about themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users