Photo

Random Thoughts, Questions or General Musings.

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#41 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:01 PM

I used to think I was a pretty good player, was moving up the ladder with ease, winning at a 70% clip but I've been humbled these last couple of days. I'm lucky to win 1 out of every 3 matches lately.

That's golf clash for you!! I thought I was the world's best on the lower tours, maxed them out quite quickly till I hit tour7 then that took me ages to complete. Tour8 I get schooled most games and tour9 is OK but progress is slow.

#42 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:09 PM

Same, I can’t seem to win to save my life these last few days. Granted one night I had been drinking and got on tilt, lol..

#43 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:18 AM

I just played someone on Tour 5 who had over 2000 games played and roughly the same amount of trophies as me. 670.

He hits a decent drive then lines up a short iron shot straight at the hole with an 8mph cross wind.

I felt bad for the guy. I wish there was a way to tell him if he played the wind he might not have a 40% winning percentage.

#44 ChrissyMac

ChrissyMac

Honored Member

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

You'd be lucky to win 10% by not adjusting for the wind. They must hit "good" and "great" more often than perfect.

#45 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:54 PM

Started on Tour 6 last night.  Some familiar holes and some new ones.  Some that look like an Augusta setting?  Beautiful.  So far the holes are not too hard but the shoot outs are giving me a bit of difficulty.  A bit more wind this time around.  

My wife finally said something to me last night about my Golf Clash addiction.   "You like that game a lot I've noticed."    I didn't tell her I had two accounts and made a Facebook account for the second because I hate the Guest34568973245 screen names.  

#46 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:41 AM

I don’t think I’ve hit a perfect all day. Ugh. Tooling around tour 8 with regular balls and an underpowered cataclysm, no bueno. Can’t even hit a fairway, lol.

I’m playing so poorly everyone is trying to rematch with me. Glad this isn’t a tournament day.

Edited by Sonicblast12, 12 December 2017 - 01:35 AM.

#47 AJRooke

AJRooke

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:00 AM

I don’t think I’ve hit a perfect all day. Ugh. Tooling around tour 8 with regular balls and an underpowered cataclysm, no bueno. Can’t even hit a fairway, lol.

I’m playing so poorly everyone is trying to rematch with me. Glad this isn’t a tournament day.

i dropped out of tour7 lost 6 or 7 straight....everyone using their sparkling new balls didnt help but nor did my poor play. dunno why ppl use limited equipment for such a small amount of coins, i keep forgetting this is one of the more p2w games out there but last time around i ground up to t10...not sure i have the energy/interest this time.

#48 JamesK

JamesK

Honored Member

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:38 AM

Kept getting into trouble off the tee with my level 3 EM yesterday on Tour 5 so I switched up to the Level 2 Rock and have been doing better.  I've lost a couple games because of guys with level 6 EM's out driving me by a ton but my level 3 EM wouldn't keep up with that anyways.  

Need to get some EM cards before the tournament starts.  I can't go down to Tour 2 for chests.  Too boring.  

Accuracy over distance all day imo

I decided to not use the EM on my guest account as a challenge but it's been a breeze so far, i'm only at a disadvantage on a couple of holes and my opponents hit the rough half of the time anyway.

Currently 269/700 on t8 using a level 5 quarterback

#49 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:50 AM

I’ve lost 15 in a row today. Haven’t had a run like that in awhile.

#50 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

Accuracy over distance all day imo

I decided to not use the EM on my guest account as a challenge but it's been a breeze so far, i'm only at a disadvantage on a couple of holes and my opponents hit the rough half of the time anyway.

Currently 269/700 on t8 using a level 5 quarterback

I'm going to try this on my alt account.  Sounds kind of interesting.  A new challenge.  

#51 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

Hope you have some better results today, Sonic.  I had a terrible day last week.  Most of us can relate.  

#52 JohnQ

JohnQ

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:25 PM

...Tooling around tour 8 with regular balls...

I envy people who can play well with regular balls in Tour 7 & 8.  I need at least the Marlin, and usually the Navigator to fight headwind... I'm savings my special balls to play Tour 9, it just opened up for me last week, tried twice and lost, not used to playing in 12mph wind...

#53 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

It’s all good, I putt around tour 8 practicing different clubs so I did lose 7 million or so, but I have 300X buy in that tour so I’ll get it all back today. Once I figured out the differences in chest values between the tours (practically no difference) I don’t grind the higher tours for chests. I won’t even go near the higher tours if I’m not hitting perfect consistently. I won 8 in a row on tour 10 on Sunday, but haven’t been playing well enough to go back and go on another run.

I eventually had to switch back to my 1st string clubs to win a few back last night. There were some pretty absurd beats in there when I was on that bad run, all I could do was laugh. Although I did log an albatross on a full curl full overpower cataclysm with a diagonal tailwind that I hit “good” so I guess I can’t complain too much.

#54 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

I envy people who can play well with regular balls in Tour 7 & 8.  I need at least the Marlin, and usually the Navigator to fight headwind... I'm savings my special balls to play Tour 9, it just opened up for me last week, tried twice and lost, not used to playing in 12mph wind...

If you have the stack it’s good practice, teaches you how to use the proper amount of curl. I usually run about 50% win rate on regular balls. It’s a lot harder so when I do use kingmakers my win percentage jumps way up.

I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was annoyed that EVERYONE uses at least a sniper 9 and a titan. What fun is it if everyone uses the same club? I’ve said it 1000 times, they need to nerf that thing. It’s a common club that dominates all other clubs.

#55 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:14 PM

I envy people who can play well with regular balls in Tour 7 & 8. I need at least the Marlin, and usually the Navigator to fight headwind... I'm savings my special balls to play Tour 9, it just opened up for me last week, tried twice and lost, not used to playing in 12mph wind...

I can't remember the last time I used a basic ball. The marlin are so cheap to get I've got about 700.

#56 dylangc

dylangc

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:59 PM

I envy people who can play well with regular balls in Tour 7 & 8. I need at least the Marlin, and usually the Navigator to fight headwind... I'm savings my special balls to play Tour 9, it just opened up for me last week, tried twice and lost, not used to playing in 12mph wind...

I consider the EM6 the minimum to play tour 7/8 with a basic ball. I'm sure the best players can do it with less, but it would take serious skills. For the rest of us mortals, a navigator/quasar will compensate for the EM5's lack of power/curl.

#57 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:55 AM

Hope you have some better results today, Sonic.  I had a terrible day last week.  Most of us can relate.

Indeed. 13 game win streak was just snapped on a shootout where both of us were under half a yard. Needless to say, things going a bit better today.

#58 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Going first in a shoot out and getting a HIO is pretty satisfying.  

#59 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:51 PM

Sure got my ****************** whipped in tour 10 today. Gotta go lick my wounds.

#60 JamesK

JamesK

Honored Member

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

94975866c0a2fa811493ca2613d91f236465dde5

How much longer can i resist the temptation?

I'm still winning over 50% of games in tour9 with the quarterback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users