Photo

Random Thoughts, Questions or General Musings.

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#21 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

I agree - I always have the choice not to play or pay, but when something is basically advertised as a game of skill, when it's really a game of chance - one would hope they would tell you that up front.  Tell me I'm playing a bot and that I have to beat it to progress.  Don't try to fool people into thinking you are playing a real person or a it's game of skill as advised.  There's way too much deception and fake news being spread around these days for the sake of greed.

https://play.google....ic.golf.android

"The sun is shining, it’s time to play the real-time multiplayer game everybody’s talking about!

Play on beautiful courses against players around the world in real-time as you compete in tournaments, 1v1 games and challenge your Facebook friends!

Upgrade your clubs and unlock tours as you master your golf skills in the quest to be the Golf Clash king!"

OKay, I just loaded the game on my phone.  just as I remembered It was Matt, Tiffany and Fernando (very PC of playdemic to have a male, female and someone ethnic LOL!) 

They're bots.  After that you play other guests or players linked with their Facebook accounts.  The game is legit.   I'm not seeing what you're seeing, Ronbo.  

Off topic, but i don't know how to start a thread, sorry. But... i use about 5 clubs from T5. Should I get chests from T5 because of the bonus cards or should I fill chest spots with T6 or T7 since there are more cards in General? Thanks.

I'd say go for the higher chests.  THe only way I see grinding on a tour that you've already mastered is if when you move up tours and you lose because your opponents better clubs are beating you.  Losing because they're out driving you by a mile is one thing, losing because they're hitting better shots than you is another.   Hope that makes sense, and just my opinion obviously.  

I'm not ashamed to admit I spend money on the game. Its my choice and its not huge amounts and I probably spend the same amount a month as a pint would cost. Its a good game with its pros and cons and some days I hate it and some days I love it but I can't stop playing the ****************** thing!!! Lol.

I hope you didn't take my post as a shot at people who've spent money on the game.  It wasn't meant to be.  Who am I to tell someone how to spend their money.  I totally get your reasoning.  

#22 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:54 PM

Respect to anyone playing this game on a phone.  Going from playing on a tablet to trying it on my little iPhone 5C was hilarious.  

#23 ronbo

ronbo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:56 PM

Slick - did you win the first 3 games or lose them?  If you won - try losing them and see how many different bots you face with different screen names.

And I am playing on a Samsung 4s. ;(

Edited by ronbo, 30 November 2017 - 10:01 PM.

#24 golfreak12

golfreak12

Honored Member

• Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

About to max 9 which will mean 1 win in 10 will unlock 11. But the sharks are going to be out in tour 10. Hope I can steal a win somehow.

Don't do it. 

Wait till after tourneys. Much cheaper in tourneys even in expert vs risking 3mils per game on T10 

#25 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

When I max 9 I’ll have around 45 million, so some room to play. Anyone know what the offer is when you unlock 11? I usually buy those.

#26 Marten

Marten

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

Yes. The replays you face as a beginner Tour1-2 are ******************. Also the real opponents you face on a second account are bad as you got experience and they got 0.
Yes replays on Tour10-11 are cherry picked to be close to awesome.

Had a Good run Tour10 today as poeple were practising.

To really make the game clean I think PD should offer an option to accept to play vs a replay.
I’d accept a bunch if no live players available but I dislike the feeling on playing replays that are cherry picked.

#27 Fullofitray

Fullofitray

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:55 PM

That makes sense, thanks Slick.

#28 Marten

Marten

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

Respect to anyone playing this game on a phone. Going from playing on a tablet to trying it on my little iPhone 5C was hilarious.

Lol. I played soon 11months on my iPhone5. Now I also play an account on my daughters ipad. Wow how much easier it is to hit perfect on iPad. And the ball spin window doesn’t cover the whole ball guide. I need an GC iPad from Santa. 🎅🏼 🙏🏻😂

#29 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

One win away from being done and some guy with a million masters banners came down and kicked my ******************. Ugh.

#30 Klefticuf

Klefticuf

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1069 posts
  • LocationLeicester, England

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:36 AM

Slick - did you win the first 3 games or lose them?  If you won - try losing them and see how many different bots you face with different screen names.

Welcome to the forum ronbo. I think we need to get you up to speed a tad.

There are no 'bots' in the game other than those first few in Beginner. They are easily distinguished by their stock photo's and pretend chat.

There are, however replays of live games played by real players that you will be matched with based on trophy count.

Where the debate lies is in how regular the replays are and whether or not they are "Cherry picked" by Playdemic for their performance.

I have recently embarked upon a study to try and get as close as possible to answering these questions as well as either proving or debunking a few other more extreme conspiracy theories. The data from 500 consecutive matches have been collected and I will be publishing on this forum soon, (some analysis still to do).

Regarding ..... " I've seen opponents take shots that are truly unbelievable and end up knocking it in.  I've also had clubs that were supposed to 100% accurate, hit perfect with little to no wind go completely offline when I know I've taken a more than good shot. "....

...I don't know how long you've been playing or what level your playing at but these comments sound like opinions we've heard numerous times on this forum but have never previously held up. I urge you to post a replay of any "Truly Unbelievable" shot made by an opponent or "Perfect, more than good" shot you've hit that's gone off-line. Let's see if they can be explained.

#31 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

Won the first 3.  Losing on purpose isn't in my DNA.  

#32 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

Kept getting into trouble off the tee with my level 3 EM yesterday on Tour 5 so I switched up to the Level 2 Rock and have been doing better.  I've lost a couple games because of guys with level 6 EM's out driving me by a ton but my level 3 EM wouldn't keep up with that anyways.  

Need to get some EM cards before the tournament starts.  I can't go down to Tour 2 for chests.  Too boring.  

#33 dylangc

dylangc

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

Kept getting into trouble off the tee with my level 3 EM yesterday on Tour 5 so I switched up to the Level 2 Rock and have been doing better.  I've lost a couple games because of guys with level 6 EM's out driving me by a ton but my level 3 EM wouldn't keep up with that anyways.  

Need to get some EM cards before the tournament starts.  I can't go down to Tour 2 for chests.  Too boring.  

Wow, Slick... keep rocking that EM3 on tour 5 and once you get it to level 6 you'll be killing the competition.  The cool thing about using low level clubs is that they only get better over time!!

#34 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

Wow, Slick... keep rocking that EM3 on tour 5 and once you get it to level 6 you'll be killing the competition.  The cool thing about using low level clubs is that they only get better over time!!

Okay.  I will heed your advice.  Losing 15 yards of the tee is irritating even though I've gained a ton of accuracy.  

#35 dylangc

dylangc

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

Okay. I will heed your advice. Losing 15 yards of the tee is irritating even though I've gained a ton of accuracy.

I haven't played t5 with anything less than an EM4. But I've never even taken a swing with a QB/Rock (a decision I will probably pay for in the upcoming tournament). Overall, driver distance is just way too critical to my gameplay style.

#36 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:48 PM

I haven't played t5 with anything less than an EM4. But I've never even taken a swing with a QB/Rock (a decision I will probably pay for in the upcoming tournament). Overall, driver distance is just way too critical to my gameplay style.

I maxed out Tour 5 in less than 24 hours with the level 3 EM but ever since it started snowing I am getting my rear end kicked by players with EM 6's.  

#37 dylangc

dylangc

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

I maxed out Tour 5 in less than 24 hours with the level 3 EM but ever since it started snowing I am getting my rear end kicked by players with EM 6's.

Ha, yes, everyone is practicing this week on t5 for the upcoming tournament, so players will be better than usual (and more apt to pull out a nice ball like a Kingmaker, since that's prob what they're planning to use in the tourney).

#38 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Ha, yes, everyone is practicing this week on t5 for the upcoming tournament, so players will be better than usual (and more apt to pull out a nice ball like a Kingmaker, since that's prob what they're planning to use in the tourney).

I have yet to use anything other than the normal ball.  Since I don't buy anything with real money I figured it would be smart to save them until I absolutely needed them.  

Is it wrong of me to giggle just a little bit when I beat someone who's using a beserker?   :D

#39 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

I have yet to use anything other than the normal ball. Since I don't buy anything with real money I figured it would be smart to save them until I absolutely needed them.

Is it wrong of me to giggle just a little bit when I beat someone who's using a beserker? :D

I love playing someone using a berserker if I can take them to a shootout.

#40 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

I used to think I was a pretty good player, was moving up the ladder with ease, winning at a 70% clip but I've been humbled these last couple of days.  I'm lucky to win 1 out of every 3 matches lately.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users