Photo

Random Thoughts, Questions or General Musings.

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#1 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

Got the latest update on my tablet last night before I went to bed.  

The Tour 5, which I was playing really well yesterday, went from $125,000 to $398,000 by the end of the day) all of the sudden there's snow and I can't win a match.  I'm lucky to force a shootout.  

Anyone else having trouble aiming shots in the snow?  

#2 Jak65

Jak65

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1056 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Got the latest update on my tablet last night before I went to bed.  

The Tour 5, which I was playing really well yesterday, went from $125,000 to $398,000 by the end of the day) all of the sudden there's snow and I can't win a match.  I'm lucky to force a shootout.  

Anyone else having trouble aiming shots in the snow?  

It was an adjustment on tour 10 for me.  Probably mostly in my head, but yes, it's taking time to adjust aim and just distracting

#3 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

I am getting killed.  Down to 68% win percentage.  I can't believe the snow is causing me this much trouble.  

I was excited to enter my first tournament but if it's in the snow, I'll probably be wasting coins.  

#4 ronbo

ronbo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

It's all a scam!  Since I wasn't able to login to my account I decided to play as a guest user just for grins.  After playing around and not really trying to win, I realized my opponents weren't trying to win either.  Every "user" (some with picture icons and names, some as guests) would take terrible shots and on the beginner course would score a double bogey.  It seemed the game was programmed for me to win.  I've been playing this game for a while and now that I have figured out that there are "fake" users which are programmed to lose - I suspect there are "fake" users designed to make you lose at higher levels in an effort to get you to spend money to advance. If you want to know if the opponent you faced was real - look at the screen name and when you done with that round - look at the League standings - the users you face should be listed in your league.  Not a single user I faced was listed in that league - certainly should have seen users that had more total winnings than I did and I was on the list.

The game appears to be a total scam and I not sure ANY of the opponents I face are actual users.  Based on some of the holes I've played and my skill level - I can tell when a shot has been manipulated or programmed to be off target or be on target.  This is NOT just clubs being inaccurate or wind - this is programming to get people hooked on the game and to spend money to get ahead.

Do you really want to continue to spend money on a game that is "fixed" and only try's to milk more money from you?  Think about what you would pay for a PS4 game or PC based game - do any of those continue to ask you for more money every time you play?

I've really also been frustrated by lock ups, black screens that are unplayable and just general bad behavior from the game.  I for one will not ever spend money on this game again and truly regret the money I've spent.

#5 ChiefTurningBull

ChiefTurningBull

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

Where's that tin foil hat graphic when you need it

#6 KoreyBoy

KoreyBoy

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:44 PM

It's all a scam!  Since I wasn't able to login to my account I decided to play as a guest user just for grins.  After playing around and not really trying to win, I realized my opponents weren't trying to win either.  Every "user" (some with picture icons and names, some as guests) would take terrible shots and on the beginner course would score a double bogey.  It seemed the game was programmed for me to win.  I've been playing this game for a while and now that I have figured out that there are "fake" users which are programmed to lose - I suspect there are "fake" users designed to make you lose at higher levels in an effort to get you to spend money to advance. If you want to know if the opponent you faced was real - look at the screen name and when you done with that round - look at the League standings - the users you face should be listed in your league.  Not a single user I faced was listed in that league - certainly should have seen users that had more total winnings than I did and I was on the list.

The game appears to be a total scam and I not sure ANY of the opponents I face are actual users.  Based on some of the holes I've played and my skill level - I can tell when a shot has been manipulated or programmed to be off target or be on target.  This is NOT just clubs being inaccurate or wind - this is programming to get people hooked on the game and to spend money to get ahead.

Do you really want to continue to spend money on a game that is "fixed" and only try's to milk more money from you?  Think about what you would pay for a PS4 game or PC based game - do any of those continue to ask you for more money every time you play?

I've really also been frustrated by lock ups, black screens that are unplayable and just general bad behavior from the game.  I for one will not ever spend money on this game again and truly regret the money I've spent.

I think you are insane.  Most erroneously, the players in your league are not necessarily the players you would be matched up against.  One has nothing to do with the other.  The game is engineered to get people to spend money, but not through any game shenanigans, but just because it is a basically a gambling app and people want to win and paying gives them an advantage.  But it's not fixed. 

To the OP.  I don't know where you are trophy wise, but I think there will be a huge influx of players from Tours 7, 8, and 9 who cannot (or chose not to) afford to practice on Tour 10 who come down to 5 to practice for the tournament.  I would guess the competition will be much stiffer for the next week or so. 

#7 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1022 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

About to max 9 which will mean 1 win in 10 will unlock 11. But the sharks are going to be out in tour 10. Hope I can steal a win somehow.

#8 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

Yes, yes! This is what this thread is for.  Do we really need a new thread every time someone wants to rant or get tin foil.  Love it.  

#9 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

I think you are insane.  Most erroneously, the players in your league are not necessarily the players you would be matched up against.  One has nothing to do with the other.  The game is engineered to get people to spend money, but not through any game shenanigans, but just because it is a basically a gambling app and people want to win and paying gives them an advantage.  But it's not fixed. 

To the OP.  I don't know where you are trophy wise, but I think there will be a huge influx of players from Tours 7, 8, and 9 who cannot (or chose not to) afford to practice on Tour 10 who come down to 5 to practice for the tournament.  I would guess the competition will be much stiffer for the next week or so. 

I've dropped down from 670 to 570 since I started playing.   I get your point and it makes sense but I'm just not playing well today.  Holes that I've played several times are taking me much longer to line up a shot then I'm rushing it, and I even timed out on a shoot out when my ball was already in the air. Might just be it's not my day today.   

#10 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:57 PM

About to max 9 which will mean 1 win in 10 will unlock 11. But the sharks are going to be out in tour 10. Hope I can steal a win somehow.

May the force be with you.  

#11 Sonicblast12

Sonicblast12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1022 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

And lost 4 in a row in 9. Have I mentioned how much I hate this stupid tour?

#12 AJe421

AJe421

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

And lost 4 in a row in 9. Have I mentioned how much I hate this stupid tour?

I gave up at like 350 trophies lol. T9 makes me want to smash my phone, whereas T10/11 are almost maxed out for me. I’ll never understand why I can’t get a win to save my life on 9

#13 ronbo

ronbo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

KoreyBoy - you think I'm insane - just start out as a new user - play 10+ games and tell me you can get your all your opponents to beat you if you try to lose the game.  They will all end up scoring a double-bogey.  Try get any to give you a re-match - they will all decline.  Try to get any of them to make a comment - you can "good game" them until the cows come home and they won't reply.  Notice how well each lines up a shot - they don't.  Notice how well they putt - notice how they all end up taking similar shots and missing until it comes to the 6th shot which they always make from the edge of the cup.

Just try it - see what happens. - fyi - I played 30+ games this way just to see what was consistent and what was not. This is not insanity - it's fact checking.

Edited by ronbo, 30 November 2017 - 08:13 PM.

#14 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

The first 3 players are definitely bots.  Chris, Michelle and Javier, or something like that.  I think it ended there.  

#15 ronbo

ronbo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

The first 3 players are definitely bots.  Chris, Michelle and Javier, or something like that.  I think it ended there.  

So if the first 3 are bots - how do you really know who is and who isn't?  These bots have screen names and pictures and certain parts of the shots they take try to make it seem real - they wiggle the shot around a little, but do little to line up a shot.  I've played 1759 games so far and currently have 1080 trophies.  During some of the tourneys and match play - I've seen opponents take shots that are truly unbelievable and end up knocking it in.  I've also had clubs that were supposed to 100% accurate, hit perfect with little to no wind go completely offline when I know I've taken a more than good shot.

My tin-foil hat is screwed on tight - yes. I'm a sysadmin for a high-tech company and just talked with some of our foreign developers and asked them if this sort of programming goes on and they said that it is quite common to include algorithms that can manipulate game play.  They laughed when I said I paid money to play.

Edited by ronbo, 30 November 2017 - 08:40 PM.

#16 Slick

Slick

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

I don't know what to tell you.  I never spend money on these games so I don't feel slighted in the least.  When I stop having fun I play something else.  

#17 ronbo

ronbo

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:03 PM

I agree - I always have the choice not to play or pay, but when something is basically advertised as a game of skill, when it's really a game of chance - one would hope they would tell you that up front.  Tell me I'm playing a bot and that I have to beat it to progress.  Don't try to fool people into thinking you are playing a real person or a it's game of skill as advised.  There's way too much deception and fake news being spread around these days for the sake of greed.

https://play.google....ic.golf.android

"The sun is shining, it’s time to play the real-time multiplayer game everybody’s talking about!

Play on beautiful courses against players around the world in real-time as you compete in tournaments, 1v1 games and challenge your Facebook friends!

Upgrade your clubs and unlock tours as you master your golf skills in the quest to be the Golf Clash king!"

#18 Fullofitray

Fullofitray

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:13 PM

Off topic, but i don't know how to start a thread, sorry. But... i use about 5 clubs from T5. Should I get chests from T5 because of the bonus cards or should I fill chest spots with T6 or T7 since there are more cards in General? Thanks.

#19 Fullofitray

Fullofitray

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:13 PM

Off topic, but i don't know how to start a thread, sorry. But... i use about 5 clubs from T5. Should I get chests from T5 because of the bonus cards or should I fill chest spots with T6 or T7 since there are more cards in General? Thanks.

#20 Adrian47

Adrian47

Honored Member

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:27 PM

I'm not ashamed to admit I spend money on the game. Its my choice and its not huge amounts and I probably spend the same amount a month as a pint would cost. Its a good game with its pros and cons and some days I hate it and some days I love it but I can't stop playing the ****************** thing!!! Lol.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)