• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Soaringdimple

Soaringdimple

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:39 PM

Hello,

First off, I fully expect and understand that this game is a battery hog. I have no better expectation while playing such a data intensive game. But when I first switched from my iPhone 6 to a Google Pixel, I installed Golf Clash in the initial batch of apps. I thought the phone just had terrible battery life. One day I opened the app in the morning to open some crates, then I closed the app and didn't use it for the rest of the day. At the end of the day, the battery page showed that Golf Clash had used 22% of my battery with only 1 minute of screen usage. That night I did a force stop on the app. I didn't launch it at all the next day to see if it drained my battery, and by mid day it had used 7% of my battery with 0 minutes of screen usage, and the force stop button was still grayed out. I uninstalled the app, and it was like I had a brand new phone. Is anyone else experiencing this battery drain while not using the app?

#2 jld51

jld51

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

No..........

#3 Kevgolf58

Kevgolf58

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:14 AM

Go into your battery usage in settings and check and see if your game battery saver is on... May be a starting point.... I have an LG v20 on android 7.0

#4 Soaringdimple

Soaringdimple

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

Go into your battery usage in settings and check and see if your game battery saver is on... May be a starting point.... I have an LG v20 on android 7.0

I'm on 8.0, and since I just got this phone a couple of months ago, I never used 7.0. Maybe the settings have changed with the new OS. Battery Optimization was on for the app. I don't usually use battery saver, but I shouldn't have to just to keep this app from destroying my battery while not in use. It is the only app on my phone that uses my battery (more than 1% or so) without any use. I'd be very surprised if this issue was only affecting my phone. Any other Android Oreo users that have kept tabs on Golf Clash battery usage in the background?

#5 gondes

gondes

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:25 AM

Can its change the https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ mobile recorder on Android?

#6 Scotty D

Scotty D

Golf Clash Junkie

• Members
  • 1136 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

My phone drains rather quickly as expected while playing the game.  Never bothered to check if it was doing anything while not in use.

Edited by Scotty D, 08 February 2018 - 12:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users