24 replies to this topic

#1 Christopher Playdemic

Christopher Playdemic

Playdemic Staff

• Playdemic Staff
  • 12375 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:27 PM

Hi Golfers,

A brand new optional Golf Clash update is now available to download.

Halloween is over and it's time for the skeletons to return to the darkness.
All Creepy Cliffs and Haunted Hills holes have now returned to normal, with beautiful green fairways, skeleton free tees and pristine flags.

Here's what new in our latest update:

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
[All Platforms] - Players will now only be able to create one Golf Clash account. This ensures that players can continue to access their Golf Clash profile, even if Facebook is unavailable.
[All Platforms] - Server upgrades and stability improvements.
[All Platforms] - Improved messaging when internet connection is lost.
[All Platforms] - Removal of the Halloween theme. All Creepy Cliffs and Halloween holes will remain in-game.
[Android] - Samsung Galaxy S8 full screen compatibility.
[iOS] - Golf Clash will now support iPhone X devices.
[All Platforms] - Fixed a bug which caused some players to shoot from the wrong tee position.
[All Platforms] - Fixed an issue which incorrectly showed your opponent timing out.
[All Platforms] - Fixed a bug which caused the Coin total to display incorrectly after finishing a match.

Kind regards,

Chris and the Golf Clash team

#2 kede

kede

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:23 PM

Been playing all morning and I'm seeing many new glitches and bugs in the game.

- Opponent disconnecting is throwing my camera around.

- In a shootout, we both shot a few yards from the pin.  On the summary page, it showed full yardage for each of us, as if we shot out of bounds.  It seemed to correctly pick the winner though.

- In our round, I could swear my shots were not affected by wind (7+) on two shots. It might just be me. I'll try to dig up the replay.

#3 Kevgolf58

Kevgolf58

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

Can you guys put yardage on all shots? That's a pretty important part of the game... Just going off of a clubs stats is not helpful. It'll help scale the game a little better too.

#4 FM82

FM82

Honored Member

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

Christopher, can you explain the updates that are 1st and 3rd on the list?

#5 Christopher Playdemic

Christopher Playdemic

Playdemic Staff

• Playdemic Staff
  • 12375 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

Christopher, can you explain the updates that are 1st and 3rd on the list?

1. Facebook recently experienced an outage, during this time any player that had saved their account to Facebook was unable to play. To help resolve this issue we now make sure that players can access their account on the same deive without Facebook. Please be aware that it is still only possible to save and transfer your profile using Facebook.

3.We have changed the message that appears if your device has lost connection. This is to make it clearer and to avoid confusion.

#6 Christopher Playdemic

Christopher Playdemic

Playdemic Staff

• Playdemic Staff
  • 12375 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:31 PM

Been playing all morning and I'm seeing many new glitches and bugs in the game.

- Opponent disconnecting is throwing my camera around.

- In a shootout, we both shot a few yards from the pin.  On the summary page, it showed full yardage for each of us, as if we shot out of bounds.  It seemed to correctly pick the winner though.

- In our round, I could swear my shots were not affected by wind (7+) on two shots. It might just be me. I'll try to dig up the replay.

1. This is a known issue that we hope to address very soon.

2. A fix to resolve this issue is also being developed. You are correct though and the right player will always be declared this winner.

3. We have not seen this issue and we have not altered wind in our latest update. Please post any replays and we will be happy to take a look.

#7 FM82

FM82

Honored Member

• Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:13 PM

1. Facebook recently experienced an outage, during this time any player that had saved their account to Facebook was unable to play. To help resolve this issue we now make sure that players can access their account on the same deive without Facebook.

Thanks for the quick reply! Just so that I understand it correctly, does this mean that we will still be able to log into the game with our Facebook account and play, even if Facebook is down?

Also, will this make matchmaking impossible, in the event of a Facebook outage, or is that done solely through the Golf Clash app?

Edited by FM82, 01 November 2017 - 09:15 PM.

#8 Kevgolf58

Kevgolf58

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:39 PM

Hello again, its approx 630 pm on the East coast of the u.s., just logged on and took a second update... Is there and release notes yet?

#9 allen0121

allen0121

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:15 AM

Hello again, its approx 630 pm on the East coast of the u.s., just logged on and took a second update... Is there and release notes yet?

Um you're on it. Ahh sorry, did not realize there was a subsequent update.

Edited by allen0121, 02 November 2017 - 04:21 AM.

#10 allen0121

allen0121

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

Christopher: After the update, pressing the ... , reactions/emojis, gear icon, and bottom menu buttons can sometimes require me to press them multiple times. I believe the issue is because the tap gesture recognizer is added onto a view that's too small. This is coming from a mobile app developer.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by allen0121, 04 November 2017 - 10:05 PM.

#11 kede

kede

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

Another glitch.  My current game is stuck on loading.  If I kill my app and restart, it rejoins the game and get stuck on loading again.  It's been loading for ~10 minutes.

#12 allen0121

allen0121

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:52 PM

It's a bit concerning all of the bugs players are finding with the latest update, especially with the tournament approaching. I certainly hope an update is released prior to the start of the tournament, so we avoid another incident like the server outage.

Edited by allen0121, 03 November 2017 - 10:53 PM.

#13 Crushinator

Crushinator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:13 AM

I can't figure out what's going on with my account.  I was a guest for a while then logged in through facebook under the name Crushinator.  Suddenly today I can't log in to my account and I have to start over from the beginning.  Any idea what's going on?  Is this a facebook issue?  What do I do next?  I've spent over $300 here and need to re-coup my account. Please help.
Thanks!

#14 allen0121

allen0121

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:28 AM

I can't figure out what's going on with my account.  I was a guest for a while then logged in through facebook under the name Crushinator.  Suddenly today I can't log in to my account and I have to start over from the beginning.  Any idea what's going on?  Is this a facebook issue?  What do I do next?  I've spent over $300 here and need to re-coup my account. Please help.
Thanks!

Might have to do with this change:

[All Platforms] - Players will now only be able to create one Golf Clash account. This ensures that players can continue to access their Golf Clash profile, even if Facebook is unavailable.

I'd open a ticket with PD and have them look into it.

Edited by allen0121, 05 November 2017 - 01:32 AM.

#15 allen0121

allen0121

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:52 PM

Christopher: The unresponsive buttons are becoming a really big nuisance. Can you acknowledge that PD is aware of the issue and is working on a fix? Seems to only affect iOS 11.1.

#16 Bdiz

Bdiz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:08 AM

I am in a continuous loop. Start Golf Clash, get a message that an update is available, click retry, get taken to App Store, click open...repeat. Any advice? I’m missing playing time. Thanks in advance.

#17 allen0121

allen0121

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:37 AM

I am in a continuous loop. Start Golf Clash, get a message that an update is available, click retry, get taken to App Store, click open...repeat. Any advice? I’m missing playing time. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a guest account? If not, try deleting the app and reinstalling it. Also, what's your version of iOS?

#18 Bdiz

Bdiz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:30 AM

iOS 11.1. I do have a guest account but would hate to lose it.

#19 allen0121

allen0121

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:57 AM

iOS 11.1. I do have a guest account but would hate to lose it.

They just released a new update. So try that one out. You can also try restarting your phone. Good luck!

#20 Tutta

Tutta

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

Hi, Since last update I cannot use golf clash. When I try to open it, it says that there is a new update in the app store. I am then redirected to the app store, where there is only an "open" button. When clicking the button, I am redirected to golf clash where everything starts over again. Meaning, I cannot use it at all!! It might be related to the fact that I am using it in an iPad 2, although it was never informed that this app would no longer run in these devices (even more, it is not an "optional" update as announced, but a compulsory one...). Can anyone help to recover this app? I do not have an account, I was playing as a guest. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users