Photo

Ok confession time. How much have you spent on this game?

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#121 AJe421

AJe421

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:16 PM

How in the world did you get the impression that my comments had anything to do with you? I don't care what clubs you use "bro". You weren't one of the 3 people I played in Tour 11 that day with 3000 career games and every purple club at level 7. Learn to pick your fights better bro.

Pretty straightforward actually, you quoted what I wrote about the amount I spent and not understanding the stimga, and then proceeded to rant. Pretty easy to assume that said rant was pointing at me.

#122 wontootree

wontootree

Honored Member

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:43 AM

Pretty straightforward actually, you quoted what I wrote about the amount I spent and not understanding the stimga, and then proceeded to rant. Pretty easy to assume that said rant was pointing at me.

I was only answering the part where you said you didn't know why there's a stigma attached to spending by explaining why I have issues with people who take it to crazy extremes. Sorry if it came off as a shot at you.

My point was that it would be cool if there was some way to rate players based on skill rather than what they spent. If someone has a small number of games played, but has every epic club at level 7 and only around a 53% winning percentage, i assume they wouldn't even have a 40% win rate without the crazy spending. IMO they aren't very good at the game, they're just good at buying things.

Look at it this way. I'm not a bad player, but not very good either. I have 5170 trophies, so every time I open the game it ranks me #1 in the world until someone else with 5170 logs in. This puts me above Tommy, Niclas, Joni and the dozens of other players who would beat me at least 7 or 8 times out of 10 if we used the same equipment. I would love to see some kind of rating where the best players stay at the top and I remain hundreds of spots lower until I'm close to their skill level. No one need agree or disagree with me and there's probably no way to do it, but personally I think rankings in any game or sport should be based on skill.

#123 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

Honored Member

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:38 PM

I just checked my account, $275 over the last 3 months.

Honestly, I thought it was more...way more. My wife hasn't mentioned cost to me yet, but she is quick to say I need concealing for my golf addiction.

#124 Shane

Shane

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:38 PM

Honestly, I thought it was more...way more. My wife hasn't mentioned cost to me yet, but she is quick to say I need concealing for my golf addiction.

oGiLaiI.jpg

#125 Jak65

Jak65

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1219 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:24 AM

Less in the last month, I've been playing the tournaments, but not nearly as much in between.  I haven't found anything new to play, but the shine is starting to dim for me.

#126 golfreak12

golfreak12

Forum Addict

• Members
  • 1096 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

Less in the last month, I've been playing the tournaments, but not nearly as much in between.  I haven't found anything new to play, but the shine is starting to dim for me.

Yeah when progress is slow, you lose interests real quick.

Right now, the interest for me is expert tournaments to get the high level epics which is why I'm collecting wind5 balls as much as I can.

#127 Allen121

Allen121

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

I just counted and I've spent $800.

#128 jamzwayne

jamzwayne

Honored Member

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

oGiLaiI.jpg

OMG

That cracked me up.

#129 OughtOught

OughtOught

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:08 AM

If you buy all the special packs up to tour 8 and never play higher than t7, you can upgrade all your clubs have 2 million in coins and play rookie forever for less than $40.00. if you want maximum trophies it will be a little more : )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users