Wounded Deer Quest

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Adrian Dobrescu

Adrian Dobrescu

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Ok last night i was trying to complete the wounded deer quest, which if some of you completed this task, already knows that you need 50 hazelnuts in between.. all cool by now, i started to collect the nuts,, when i reached 40/50 of the number, my basket got broken, so i had to craft it. Crafting this item requires in my case, about 1:30 hours, 2hours is standard (considering you need reeds for it). All good, i gathered reeds, crafted it and came back to collect the hazelnuts and got surprised to see i had only 8 nuts left. I started to collect again when my basket got broken at 45/50 nuts. At that point i was thinking game is making fun of me so i just used some gems and completed the quest without any further effort. And all these for 20 gems and 2 keys as a reward.. what a waste!!

My main complain is the more food you have from one type, the more your villagers are eating from, I think food should be eaten in equal parts (at that moment i had 18/20 types of food and still my hazelnuts went down from 45 to 8 in about 1:30 hour), and things are breaking so fast that is absolutely impossible to complete a task like this without using gems.

Edited by Adrian Dobrescu, 03 December 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   Pam Breffitt

Pam Breffitt

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi Adrian, I think the deer quest was the hardest because I and all my neighbours had the same issue with Hazelnuts. The only way I got around it was to use gems to finish the last 2 lots. My Villages ate very few Hazelnuts before I started the quest; I'd gather them up but they were gone before I could get the next batch done and I think this was done deliberately to make it harder to complete.

#3 OFFLINE   Linda Tubbs

Linda Tubbs

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

I managed to complete the deer quest without using gems but it was pretty tricky. I crafted a bunch of baskets ahead of time so I could get it done. I do hate that things break so fast! I would be nice if after you made a certain number of an item it would last longer. With as many times as these villagers have made things you'd think the quality would improve! It's getting extremely monotonous to make the same things over and over.

#4 OFFLINE   Pebbs

Pebbs

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostLinda Tubbs, on 03 December 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

I managed to complete the deer quest without using gems but it was pretty tricky. I crafted a bunch of baskets ahead of time so I could get it done. I do hate that things break so fast! I would be nice if after you made a certain number of an item it would last longer. With as many times as these villagers have made things you'd think the quality would improve! It's getting extremely monotonous to make the same things over and over.

i agree. the crafting mastery level of an item should determine the durability of it. maybe the dev will look into this. B)

#5 OFFLINE   Melanie Brouwer Castelli

Melanie Brouwer Castelli

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

I finally finished the deer quest last night and as I re made my baskets and suffered through my kids eating all my hazelnuts I kept telling myself the reward had to be AWESOME for so much effort . So dissappointed :( I do agree with Pebbs it would be great to have some way to master tools.

#6 OFFLINE   Adrian Dobrescu

Adrian Dobrescu

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

They really need to add some kind of master tools or make HONEST rewards on quests like the wounded deer, to worth the whole effort you put in, sincerly...

#7 OFFLINE   Andrea Dameri

Andrea Dameri

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Actually I was really glad to get 2 keys out of this quest....

#8 OFFLINE   inrpeas

inrpeas

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

I found another solution to the deer quest problem.

(Spoiler Alert! Dont read this if you don't want to know how to beat this quest!)

I also thought that maybe the villagers were eating the food that's in the largest amounts, so I tried increasing other foods first, but that didn't work for me either.

Then I wondered if it was tied to the quest, which now after reading all of your comments, I think it is.

Then I tried an experiment: I sold all my strawberries. In about five minutes, all the villagers wanted strawberries instead of hazelnuts. Then I was able to finish harvesting hazelnuts and complete the quest.

Hope this helps. I suggest selling one or more of their first level foods as long as needed to keep them distracted from hazelnuts.

#9 OFFLINE   Andrea Silver

Andrea Silver

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I haven't started the quest yet, but after reading this it seems I'll have to have a strategy. I've decided to gather the hazelnuts before starting the quest. Have everything ready already. It seems it will be easier that way. What do you think?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice this thread was so old before making a post. I hope this won't be considered spamming or such.

Edited by Andrea Silver, 31 March 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   BeckyB71

BeckyB71

Honored Member

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Andrea, old topic, but new to you... some of the best suggestions are.

1. Get your bandages made first.
2. Make sure you have all your healing herbs from your neighbors.
3. Make 2-3 baskets and 2-3 bronze knives. THEN start harvesting with your best villager. Then finish with your 2nd best villager.
4. Put all the other villagers on long tasks (mining, making tools, farming, anything, anything at all to keep them away from food)

#11 OFFLINE   Andrea Silver

Andrea Silver

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Thank you for all your suggestions! I really appreciate it =)))

#12 OFFLINE   plainjane83

plainjane83

Honored Member

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostAndrea Silver, on 31 March 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

I haven't started the quest yet, but after reading this it seems I'll have to have a strategy. I've decided to gather the hazelnuts before starting the quest. Have everything ready already. It seems it will be easier that way. What do you think?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice this thread was so old before making a post. I hope this won't be considered spamming or such.

Also have plenty of cotton gathered and I forget what the other is called-but it is near the gooseberries-you need like 30-40 of each of these and it takes awhile to gather all of that-as one takes 30 minutes (for 6 cotton)and the other 2 hours (10)-unless you have a lumber jack who can do it a bit faster.

#13 OFFLINE   plainjane83

plainjane83

Honored Member

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

View Postplainjane83, on 31 March 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Also have plenty of cotton gathered and I forget what the other is called-but it is near the gooseberries-you need like 30-40 of each of these and it takes awhile to gather all of that-as one takes 30 minutes (for 6 cotton)and the other 2 hours (10)-unless you have a lumber jack who can do it a bit faster.

Okay it is called reeds.

#14 OFFLINE   Jude Gerber

Jude Gerber

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

I was completely frustrated by this quest last night. I had everything all ready to go except for the hazelnuts, which I had tried to stockpile for days but each time, they'd be gone by the time I logged on again. I ended up using gems to finish a basket and for 1 energy, since I was down a worker through pregnancy. But it was a race to the finish because even when I tried to keep the adults busy with a task, the little kids wouldn't let those nuts alone! It was like "OMG There are 42?? QUICK! QUICK!! HARVEST THOSE 8 BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE EATS ONE!!" lol

#15 OFFLINE   Emin Sisic

Emin Sisic

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

The best way to finish this quest is to gather hazelnut last,and when you have 48 you just sell 6 and gather 8 and thats that :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users